Accidentally ate some buttered vegetables

So I was out at lunch, ordered steak no butter, oil or seasoning and steamed vegetables. The root vegetables were fine. I had one bite of broccoli and knew it was wrong. 

Is this cause for a restart I’m on day 8 and freaking out.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Giffs109 said:

Day 1 tomorrow :(

Good choice, @Giffs109 - I know it sucks but you made the right choice and we are SO here for you! Also, you shouldn't go through any of the first week nonsense as you're only restarting to give your gut the full 30 days of healing. Your body will still likely be on track with the normal timeline. 

4 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Good choice, @Giffs109 - I know it sucks but you made the right choice and we are SO here for you! Also, you shouldn't go through any of the first week nonsense as you're only restarting to give your gut the full 30 days of healing. Your body will still likely be on track with the normal timeline. 

Thank you for the support, I must admit this has been the most challenging afternoon and evening.  Starting over doesn’t upset me as much as letting myself down by not checking the food I ordered more diligently. 

Here is to 30 more.

13 hours ago, Giffs109 said:

Thank you for the support, I must admit this has been the most challenging afternoon and evening.  Starting over doesn’t upset me as much as letting myself down by not checking the food I ordered more diligently. 

Here is to 30 more.

Don't get too down on yourself! Just take it as a lesson learned, and you're in such a better place now to complete the 30 days! You can do this :) 

Lessons learned are the best lessons! I restarted after day 14 because I realized that the food I'd been offered as a guest at a Nigerian house had peanut butter in it after I took a bite. Best decision I've made, although I couldn't help thinking about it when I passed what would have been day 30 for me. But it is easier to continue than to quit and do it at a later date. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.  

I eat out with with every lunch and a couple breakfasts a week.  I’ve become nearly paranoid every time I take a bite.  But I’ve learned to ask lots of questions and double check when it comes out.  Also started lying and saying certain things are serious allergies, they seem to take it much more serious. Ha

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Giffs109 said:

Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.  

I eat out with with every lunch and a couple breakfasts a week.  I’ve become nearly paranoid every time I take a bite.  But I’ve learned to ask lots of questions and double check when it comes out.  Also started lying and saying certain things are serious allergies, they seem to take it much more serious. Ha

When you lie and say that something is a serious allergy, the kitchen will have to put their allergy procedure into place which often means scrubbing down the entire prep/cook area and stopping operations in the kitchen in order to accommodate your 'allergy'.  There is nothing wrong with preferences and from most of the experiences of people here when this conversation comes up, the restaurant/servers appreciate you being honest about your situation.  Questioning before you order and confirming when the food arrives is sufficient in most cases to ensure that your preferences are taken into account.  Lying about allergies creates a lot more work for the restaurant than is required.  Also, if you do lie about the allergy during a Whole30 and then show up at the same restaurant in your food freedom and order the chocolate cake at the end of your meal, that's pretty disingenuous... 

On 2018-04-20 at 12:18 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

When you lie and say that something is a serious allergy, the kitchen will have to put their allergy procedure into place which often means scrubbing down the entire prep/cook area and stopping operations in the kitchen in order to accommodate your 'allergy'.  There is nothing wrong with preferences and from most of the experiences of people here when this conversation comes up, the restaurant/servers appreciate you being honest about your situation.  Questioning before you order and confirming when the food arrives is sufficient in most cases to ensure that your preferences are taken into account.  Lying about allergies creates a lot more work for the restaurant than is required.  Also, if you do lie about the allergy during a Whole30 and then show up at the same restaurant in your food freedom and order the chocolate cake at the end of your meal, that's pretty disingenuous... 

Great point, and I didn’t know about the food prep. I’ll change my tactics.

Archived