My whole 30 food log 1/1/13, former vegan

jtota

First day of food:

Breakfast 1 5am: 3 eggs, 2 organic chicken sausage links

Breakfast 2 10am: 1 egg, 2 slices bacon ( veg wasn't out yet at work cafeteria)

Lunch: Everyday Paleo Fiesta Chicken Soup with 2 large handfuls of chopped spinach added, strawberries and coconut cream

Snack : Banana and nut butter ( not the best but not a cookie either)

Dinner: every Day Paleo Ribs and butternut squash

Thanks for the welcome and the the tip. The bacon was uncured, I have been buying specialty bacon for my husband for awhile now. The sausage - maybe not. It was Al Fresco brand. I found myself a bit unprepared yesterday since I decided to just jump right in the second I was ready. I tried to just use what was on hand since I had to work a 12 hr shift yesterday and could not shop. It's actually a miracle I made it through with nothing more deadly than a banana :) although they gotta go to.

Today was a weird day, not really very hungry.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, finished off the fancy bacon that I thought was legal but isn't after all

Lunch: leftover chicken legs and a big bowl of spicy steamed broccoli and carrots

Dinner: a bust! My crock pot pork loin was not ready on time so I had strawberries with almond butter, leftover broccoli and carrots from lunch, and some side pork I experimented with this afternoon. Weird but it kept me from ordering pizza.

Pre-workout: half of a larabar

P90x plyo

Sweet potatoes in the oven for tomorrow :) tomorrow is grocery day, thank god!!!

Megan Hall,

I love Insanity. I 'm thinking about going back to it cause P90X is not really my style. I just can't get over the before & afters though. I luv me some Shaun T. though. He's so entertaining. I also like that I feel like I have really accomplished something after and insanity workout.

Good luck to you!

Hey there!

Former vegetarian here. (Former = 6 years ago) Looks like you're off to a good start!

I made the most amazing breakfast sausage this morning and have to share. I'm planning to use this for a grab-n-go breakfast on crunched mornings.

1lb Ground meat (I used turkey)

1 T. Garlic Powder

1 T. Ground Fennel

1 T. Dried Sage

1/2 T. Smoked Paprika

1/2 T. Chipotle Chile Powder

1 tsp. Italian Seasoning

1 tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Mix spices then mix into meat of choice. I formed mine into small patties and pan fried them in coconut oil. Warning: Your house will smell like sausage for hours. But it's a fabulous smell.

Jackolantern,

Thanks for recipe. I actually just bought a meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid yesterday. If I can't buy decent ground meat, I'll do it myself. And I'm not going to be using the mixer for baking so might as well use it for something else. Anyway, I love the recipe and it's one my list to try this week. I'll let you know!! And good luck to you!!

Thanks for your post! I love P90X & especially that you're following Whole 30 during it.

This is my first, Whole 30 & finishing Push phase Chalean Extreme plus I'm a long distance runner. I was freaking out how to fuel myself or pre/during/post workout snacks & keeping the food down.

Good to know we can have Lara bars ;)

Starting over today, last night was a royal screw up after work. :angry:

Anyway:

Not hungry this morning and didn't eat until 10am, had to force it then.

2 Eggs, side pork

Mixed berries, sunbutter and turkey wraps in spinach for lunch - I know same old thing but it works.

Bora Bora Fire balls with sunshine sauce, green salad, small sweet potato, few pieces of sauteed bell peppers

Feeling really bitter and pissed off tonight. not sure if it's from last nights disastrous dinner or I'm just really craving or what.

Workout: P90X chest and Back (skipped the chitter chatter), abs, Turbo Fire 20min HIIT for a 1 hour total workout :)

Starting over today, last night was a royal screw up after work. :angry:

Anyway:

Not hungry this morning and didn't eat until 10am, had to force it then.

2 Eggs, side pork

Mixed berries, sunbutter and turkey wraps in spinach for lunch - I know same old thing but it works.

Bora Bora Fire balls with sunshine sauce, green salad, small sweet potato, few pieces of sauteed bell peppers

Feeling really bitter and pissed off tonight. not sure if it's from last nights disastrous dinner or I'm just really craving or what.

Workout: P90X chest and Back (skipped the chitter chatter), abs, Turbo Fire 20min HIIT for a 1 hour total workout :)

I used to be fine all day on my "new diet" until I got home - then the cravings would hit. That was when I'd cave and have to commit to starting over again. Good job on getting back in the saddle.

I used to be raw vegan - 5 years and hard core. With my Vit. D and energy levels way down and my triglyceride and candida levels way up - I found the paleo lifestyle to be a lifesaver.

I did it! I made it through work without caving. Serious cake craving around 2:30 but I powered through and I feel Great!

Usual breakfast today - 3 eggs, 2 pieces side pork

Lunch- pork loin, whole 30 BBQ sauce, roasted veggies - lots!' Small handful of berries and some raw nut butter

Dinner - butternut squash with cinnamon, Home ground pork sausage

That's a lot of pig in one day!!! I shall have to change it up tomorrow.

Also, I have discovered that raw nut butter is not as sweet at my usual Kettle stuff, even though it said there was no sugar. Hmmmmm. .. . . Interesting, perhaps part of the problem that was?

Yesterday

Breakfast - 3 egg omelet with bell pepper, red onion, and spinach

Lunch - finished the last of my crock pot pork loin, shredded and put in spinach wraps with well fed mayo, butternut squash with cinnamon

Dinner - simple, fruit, nuts, and steamed broccoli and carrots. To tired to cook a bunch after working 12 hours and this worked well to keep me on track.

Chest and back again, almost thought the first month of p90x which has never happened before :)

1/16/13

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with cinnamon and 1/3 of a chopped apple, cooked like and omelet. With a small portion of sweet potato hash( fried in coconut oil) piled on plate and sprinkled with a few almond slices.

Lunch - left over fajita steak avocado and peppers wrapped in spinach leafs.

There wasn't much left after dinner last night so I also had Mixed berried and nut butter.

Dinner - two chicken legs and zucchini soup.

Emergency snack - larabar, not enough protein at lunch to hold me until dinner :/

Feeling amazing, happy,and renewed!

I actually got the idea from the Nom Nom paleo ipad app (must give credit where it's due ) and I bet you can find the original recipe on the nom nom website. I wanted to get greens into my breakfast so I modified the recipe a bit. I used 3 eggs and scrambled them with chopped spinach. Then line 4 muffin cups with "legal" ham slices. My grocery store sells gluten free, additive free ham in the deli. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups and bake at 350 until eggs are set. Also, make sure you grease the muffin tin with coconut oil or something. If you want to leave out the spinach I would use 1 egg per ham cup. I think a silicone muffin tin might work better because sometimes the egg leaks around the ham and may get stuck, but I don't have one of those - yet :)

1/17/13

Breakfast - 2 eggs with cinnamon and chopped apple, sweet potato hash with coconut oil

Lunch - left over chicken legs and zucchini soup

After workout - banana with almond butter

Dinner - hamburger wrapped in lettuce with homemade ketchup and avocado, roasted root veggies.

Amazing 4 mile run, P90x shoulders and arms + abs

1/23/12

3 days worth of 12 hours shifts.

Breakfasts the last 3 days : my usual 3 eggs, 2 side pork. Love how this keeps my full and energetic until almost 2pm.

Lunches: Turkey wraps with WF mayo in spinach leaves, squash, berries.

Sweet potato with cinnamons, berries with homemade sunbutter - this really filled me up for somereason so I did not eat anything else.

Leftover homemeade ground chicken sausage, squash, apple

Dinners: Bananas with homemade sunbutter, turkey slices

Turkey wraps in spinach, picked at food I was making for later in the week

Zucchini Soup (2 zucchini's steamed and the blended with cashews, water, and spices)

I am finding that I am not usually hungry after work. I don't usually get lunch until 2pm and it lasts me forever. I try to eat something though and then go to bed. I don't get home until after 8pm.

Hey there!

Former vegetarian here. (Former = 6 years ago) Looks like you're off to a good start!

I made the most amazing breakfast sausage this morning and have to share. I'm planning to use this for a grab-n-go breakfast on crunched mornings.

1lb Ground meat (I used turkey)

1 T. Garlic Powder

1 T. Ground Fennel

1 T. Dried Sage

1/2 T. Smoked Paprika

1/2 T. Chipotle Chile Powder

1 tsp. Italian Seasoning

1 tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Mix spices then mix into meat of choice. I formed mine into small patties and pan fried them in coconut oil. Warning: Your house will smell like sausage for hours. But it's a fabulous smell.

This is really good!!!!!! Thanks again for the recipe!

Hmm . . . looking over my log today, which is just a few days here and there, but I think it might be time to cut back on the nut butter. It was one of my old reliables when eating vegan and I thinking I am hanging on to it as a crutch. It's just so easy though.

Archived