Anyone else starting 4/21??

Vanessa_

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Rachel @rusrach Thanks for asking! I was struggling and today at a salad bar, I suddenly wanted to kill ALL the things! LOL. Which I had really not hit until today. So...I decided this FODMAP thing was not working. BUT I'll stay off onion & garlic and maybe go easy on cruciferous veg. We'll see...The stress was not worth it and making me hate food, want to rebel and make me upset, so I'm proud of myself for ditching/adjusting that plan. Yay! 

ALSO!! Melissa wrote me directly about my FODMAP question!! I was so honored. I wrote her back with more questions, but that was before I changed my mind...Ahhh. Lots of work today. Back to work.

BUT how are you?!?!?!

Day 26. Trying to power through these last few days. I've started to make my reintroduction plan. I think it will take me 2 weeks to get through. I'm very eager for this to be over. Lol. 

Mark - yeah, I can't imagine the stress of adding the FODMAP stuff on to this. You can always experiment more with that later on. 

Morning, all! I was thinking about you guys yesterday since we all got a bit quiet. 

Congrats on Day 26, @rusrach! I'm on DAY 28! @Vanessa what are  you at again? 

Starting today I am doing NO eggs for 3-4 days to see how my body is. Because of that, I decided to try this fun new recipe...potato toast with avo mash and smoked salmon + greens. See below! OMG So amazeballs!:D  I'm still constipated/bloated and I don't want to reintro until I clear that up. I hope I can start reentry within 4-5 days. I'm a bit nervous about extending too far and losing my nerve/cool. I think I can. Wish me luck! 

breakfast.jpg

I’m day 26 today as well. I haven’t planned out my reintroduction yet but did decide that Im not going to reintroduce coffee. I’m in desperate need of a trip to the grocery store. I think the only veggies in the house are spinach, tomatoes and soggy celery. I think I have canned pumpkin but I’m not sure what I can do with that. I’ll have to get creative I guess. 

Thanks, Vanessa and hi Rachel! You guyzzzzz! DAY 30! I feel so clear, energized and focused. This is the coolest weekend, because not only is it day 30, but it is my 30 year HS reunion tonight!! AND I'm in the middle of a weekend meditation retreat that started last night. So I meditate all day and then go to the reunion :) 

All that said, I am sticking with this longer, b/c I still have a lot of bloating and possible IBS stuff, so I'll try to work with a doc. I've been off eggs for 3 days, but I don't think that makes a diff. The latest idea is to go off Nightshades, since my intuition has always told me something was up with those (acid reflux, joint pain, bloating, etc.) We will see. I'm not jumping into it immediately without more thought, cuz we see how that went with FODMAPS, but it's a tinier list that is so much easier and feels right. I also want to finish the red peppers and tomatoes in my fridge :)

How are you guys doing!? Probably back on Monday. BIG HUGS!!! M

Marj- congrats! You made it! Have fun at the reunion. Sounds like a big weekend. 

Im on day 28 and still going strong. I’m planning to go to the beach for a long weekend next weekend so that may be tricky. I’ll need to do some planning. I managed to avoid outback bread and dessert last night!

Day 28 and can't wait to be done. LOL! Where is this tiger blood people speak of? I still have yet to see it. Oh well. I have my plan made out for the next 2 weeks - I didn't work this hard to mess up the reintroduction. 

@Marj K - congrats on getting to day 30!

Congrats, @rusrach!! Are you feeling the Tiger Blood yet? If I get what they're saying, I think it's just more energy and more sustained energy throughout the day, yes? Maybe that, coupled with confidence. 

I am on day 32 and still constipated. Ugh. I guess I'll go to a doctor. Not sure what's up. I even got a few pimples and all I can think is my body is still detoxing and/or I'm PMSing. Hmm...

I'm off nightshades for 2 days now (back on eggs and most fodmaps).

Later, ladies!

Well that's frustrating, @Marj K. Nightshades are potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant...anything else? That sounds challenging.

No tiger blood energy wise. My energy level is still lower than it used to be. It tanked about 6 months ago - I really think it's related to the perimenopause. I'll be making an appointment with my doctor soon too. It will be time for my annual woman visit in a few weeks anyway.

That's not to say that I haven't seen positives. One of my biggest desires for this experiment was to help with all the sugar cravings and it's definitely helped me there. B)

Hi, @rusrach. Yes and peppers and paprika and a few more things that are more obscure.  Thought I had included the link. Here you go: https://www.thepaleomom.com/what-are-nightshades/

I hear you on the fatigue. I was actually feeling the higher energy and am pretty wiped today and yesterday, but I'm hoping that is also peri and the big weekend I had. Plus, I could use a little more sleep, so trying to keep all that in mind. 

Awesome about the sugar cravings! How's reintro going? 

M

Day 31!! I reintroduced legumes today. I’d say I was a little more gassy than normal this afternoon but nothing crazy. I’m taking my boys to the beach for a long weekend and we’ll be there for the dairy reintroduction.  Woo! Beach ice cream!

• Administrators

Hey all, congrats on making it to Day 30! If you are going to reintroduce foods, could you kindly make a thread in the reintroduction section of the forum so that we can keep the Whole30 on-plan part clean and non-confusing for new people?

If you want me to make you a new thread and post the link back here, that's no trouble, just let me know. Or one of you can do it also. :) 

Thanks, @ladyshanny.

Ladies--good luck with reintro and I'll follow a new thread if you tag me. Good luck !! @rusrach and Vanessa_!

Unfortunately, I am not able to reintroduce, as I am having all kinds of Gi problems (and some fatigue). Day 34. It's almost as if I'm going backwards or maybe my body does not like the restrictions (or this much fish). It's upsetting, but I'm being patient. I found an amazing NP who does functional medicine. I'm seeing her Tues, but we just had a Zoom consult. I feel better already know I will have support. She's awesome.

Hey, @rusrach and Vanessa_ how's it going w/reintro?

I'm on DAY 42! and still seeing new NSVs! Amazing. I guess some folks do benefit from staying on longer. I'm seeing my new holistic functional medicine doc tomorrow, so things will probably start to shift. 

I can't believe I'm still eating fish twice a day and only just getting sick of it, but not even that much.

Cheers!

I actually miss you guys, so let me know how you're doing.

Marj

Archived