Pretty terrified but determined, 23rd April, changing my life

Homesoil

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Nothing to be terrified about. I've been eating whole foods nearly all my life. My biggest sin is dairy and sugar. I decided to give it Whole30 a 100% commitment 2 days ago. 
Good luck

Ah but we are all different. I eat cleaner than most around me (that's why its hard sometimes) but I have been wanting to do this since 2011. It is a big deal for me for reasons I wont go into. I wish you the best too.

Good morning ya’ll!! Whoop Whoop I’m on Day 20 and just thought I’d crash your “Terrified” party to give you some encouragement! I’m having great results all around the clock! It was really challenging at first and I ate pretty clean. It was still hard getting the whole meal template thing down, cravings, hungry a lot, tired, tired, tired.

A good friend and experienced While30er suggested a good B100 Supplement for energy and either it was just the timing of it or the supplement but things started turning around for me dramatically. Yayyy!!!!!

Even though I’m day 20 not 220 :rolleyes: I’m doing really well now. It’s become 2nd nature. I’ll readily admit to some cravings for sweets but a little fruit more than satisfies me. My energy is quite good (Tiger Blood???) despite long term sleeping challenges. I can honestly say life is good!

i did this for inflammation reasons and it’s definitely helping. I’m not healed but I’m not hurting nearly so much. I can tell I’ve lost at least some weight by now, which I’m a happy camper about!:rolleyes:

Be encouraged! You all are going to rock this thing! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Truly, you can do this and succeed with whatever your individual reasons were for starting. I really like The Whole30 Day By Day Book too. A lot of members in my usual group do.

Stay positive! You can and are doing this thing! I’d love to continue to hear how y’all are doing! Let’s rock and roll this! Are you with me?? :D

Be very, very, encouraged! xo Dianne

Dianne you’re wonderful! Thank you! 

I’ve completed several now and I think it’s hard to overestimate the importance of the meal template. It went so very much better when I stuck to it. 

Never heard of B100! But v glad it helped. Very well done you for doing so well and thanks for all you’re encouragement. Just need to get on and start now! Resisting (mostly) the temptation to Eat All the (off plan) Things before monday. How stupid would that be?!

Think we need you as our cheer leader - best of luck with your remaining days and reintro. Keep us posted!

best wishes Jenny

@britgirl, that is so funny about eating all of the things before starting cause I DID THAT! Oh, @britgirl I was soooo sick from it. I started Whole30 the day after Easter. So on Easter I indulged. Not a little. A lot! I was so sick that Monday. It showed me those things clearly do make me sick! Whoke30 is truly making me well!

By the way, as you stated can’t over emphasize the  meal template! There is true wisdom being spoken by you! I did it but it took me a while to really get it. You are so right!

Carry on gang! You’re all winners!

Be very, very, encouraged! xo Dianne

• Moderators
23 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Nothing to be terrified about. I've been eating whole foods nearly all my life. My biggest sin is dairy and sugar. I decided to give it Whole30 a 100% commitment 2 days ago. 
Good luck

Friendly piece of advice - you should change your user name to not be your email address unless you just really love spam... this site is public so spambots visit and can snag email addresses out in the open like this.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Homesoil said:

Ah but we are all different. I eat cleaner than most around me (that's why its hard sometimes) but I have been wanting to do this since 2011. It is a big deal for me for reasons I wont go into. I wish you the best too.

You'll do great!  I honestly think people who have bigger reasons and motivations for this life change than just changing the food on their plates do the best!  Food changes everything!  Can't wait to follow along on your journey!  :wub:

• Moderators
11 hours ago, britgirl said:

Dianne you’re wonderful! Thank you! 

I’ve completed several now and I think it’s hard to overestimate the importance of the meal template. It went so very much better when I stuck to it. 

Never heard of B100! But v glad it helped. Very well done you for doing so well and thanks for all you’re encouragement. Just need to get on and start now! Resisting (mostly) the temptation to Eat All the (off plan) Things before monday. How stupid would that be?!

Think we need you as our cheer leader - best of luck with your remaining days and reintro. Keep us posted!

best wishes Jenny

Ya, don't eat all the garbage things Jenny, you'll regret it big time!  The closer to Whole30 your eating is in the days leading up to the program, the better off the first week of side effects of detox etc... will be... don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even get started :) 

On 4/21/2018 at 10:12 AM, Hope4Overcomers said:

Good morning ya’ll!! Whoop Whoop I’m on Day 20 and just thought I’d crash your “Terrified” party to give you some encouragement! I’m having great results all around the clock! It was really challenging at first and I ate pretty clean. It was still hard getting the whole meal template thing down, cravings, hungry a lot, tired, tired, tired.

A good friend and experienced While30er suggested a good B100 Supplement for energy and either it was just the timing of it or the supplement but things started turning around for me dramatically. Yayyy!!!!!

Even though I’m day 20 not 220 :rolleyes: I’m doing really well now. It’s become 2nd nature. I’ll readily admit to some cravings for sweets but a little fruit more than satisfies me. My energy is quite good (Tiger Blood???) despite long term sleeping challenges. I can honestly say life is good!

i did this for inflammation reasons and it’s definitely helping. I’m not healed but I’m not hurting nearly so much. I can tell I’ve lost at least some weight by now, which I’m a happy camper about!:rolleyes:

Be encouraged! You all are going to rock this thing! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Truly, you can do this and succeed with whatever your individual reasons were for starting. I really like The Whole30 Day By Day Book too. A lot of members in my usual group do.

Stay positive! You can and are doing this thing! I’d love to continue to hear how y’all are doing! Let’s rock and roll this! Are you with me?? :D

Be very, very, encouraged! xo

Thanks for crashing the party. (and your encoragement :))

Good luck on the rest of youR journey!

14 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You'll do great!  I honestly think people who have bigger reasons and motivations for this life change than just changing the food on their plates do the best!  Food changes everything!  Can't wait to follow along on your journey!  :wub:

Thanks sugarcube,

DDay tomorrow....just eating the last of the nasties in the house. Really looking forward to this...the rough and the smooth...just hope I remember i said this lol

30 minutes ago, rusrach said:

I just started today! :) Feeling confident while at the same time wondering if I'm ready for this. I did spend an entire month preparing, but... Ack!

Rachel

Good luck Rachel,,

I am right behind you :)

22 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Ya, don't eat all the garbage things Jenny, you'll regret it big time!  The closer to Whole30 your eating is in the days leading up to the program, the better off the first week of side effects of detox etc... will be... don't shoot yourself in the foot before you even get started :) 

Darn! Wish I’d come online and read that before polishing off the Easter eggs and a bag of crisps. Why? Why? Oh....and my “last” latte. But ‘‘tis done now. Onwards and upwards. 

But ........have been busy sticking the template to the fridge, and the shopping list and additive sheets in the car ready to go plus made mayo and prepared the first breakfast so I’m now in the zone. 

But you’re so right @SugarcubeOD my stomach is even now having a chat about the wisdom of today’s food choices! Wish I could remember how bad these make me feel but I have a horribly short memory where food pain is concerned! But at least now I really can’t wait to start. 

Good luck everyone! Let’s try and all get thru as a team. It’s so so much easier with support :)

8 hours ago, britgirl said:

Darn! Wish I’d come online and read that before polishing off the Easter eggs and a bag of crisps. Why? Why? Oh....and my “last” latte. But ‘‘tis done now. Onwards and upwards. 

But ........have been busy sticking the template to the fridge, and the shopping list and additive sheets in the car ready to go plus made mayo and prepared the first breakfast so I’m now in the zone. 

But you’re so right @SugarcubeOD my stomach is even now having a chat about the wisdom of today’s food choices! Wish I could remember how bad these make me feel but I have a horribly short memory where food pain is concerned! But at least now I really can’t wait to start. 

Good luck everyone! Let’s try and all get thru as a team. It’s so so much easier with support :)

I did the same Jenny. In fact worse really. I took it as an opportunity to eat things I wouldnt even eat before planning to do the whole 30. A kind of feast before famine attitude!

Then of course I read that part in the book this morning. Oh well they cant shoot us for it. Onward and upward indeed.

Good luck everyone.

(ps whereabouts are you in the UK? I am in Yorkshire)

Hia I’m in east London. Wd rather be in Yorkshire! Lovely to have another Brit on the team! 

Yes why do we do that???? I’ve read a lot by Gillian Riley who talks about the psychology of it all very helpfully. She’s not a fan of diets but I see this more as a health plan. And sticking 100% is a good aim or I’d be far too easy on myself. I’ve just made a jar of almond butter ( well......what actually made it into the jar). Think that might be a w30 food with no brakes for me so will be wary. I’ve felt very full so far and my husband is joining me this time so I’m trying to reassure him but I think we’re probably eating too much but that’s fine for now. Just glad to be here and enjoying not having the rubbish food guilt! 

How are you getting on day one?

Archived