Pretty terrified but determined, 23rd April, changing my life

Homesoil

• Administrators
Just now, britgirl said:

Q @ladyshanny.....

I had apple with almond butter after roast chicken dinner ( not done enough veg - they shrank in the oven! ) so still hungry but not particularly craving sugar. Is that still best avoided? Had with almond butter so not just high carb. (And I’m a little in love with almond butter if I’m brutally honest so a bit too treaty? ) 

so is fruit best avoided if you have an angry dragon? 

And I remember reading somewhere about not having nuts everyday or limiting them a bit. Did I dream that??

thanks for help mods

First, yes, nuts are to be limited. Think a closed handful every other day or so. And nut butters can be problematic, especially for folks who are "treaty". ;) 

Was the apple/almond butter the optimal choice? Probably not. But it was an apple and nowhere on this green earth would I ever suggest to anyone ever that they went wrong in choosing an apple. Learn from this veggie-shrinking issue and roast more or grab some baby cukes as an addition next time.

If you find yourself having dinner mishaps that require apple/a-butter combo on the reg, maybe reconsider. ;) 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kenzington15 said:

thanks.  Avengers Infinity war, the crew from G of G will be in it, plus all the other avengers (but Gof G are my favorite).

Curry recipe i cut out from Real Simple magazine i think. it's compliant (minus potatoes, which i think i will skip and just serve w/ zoodles).  I'll post the recipe if it turns out.

-Jenn

Yes please to the recipe. Now have lots of roast chicken to use! Thanks. 

And we’re a tenth of the way thru already people! 

4 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

First, yes, nuts are to be limited. Think a closed handful every other day or so. And nut butters can be problematic, especially for folks who are "treaty". ;) 

Was the apple/almond butter the optimal choice? Probably not. But it was an apple and nowhere on this green earth would I ever suggest to anyone ever that they went wrong in choosing an apple. Learn from this veggie-shrinking issue and roast more or grab some baby cukes as an addition next time.

If you find yourself having dinner mishaps that require apple/a-butter combo on the reg, maybe reconsider. ;) 

Fair cop!! Yep definitely felt like ‘desert’ . I’ve found fruit is hard to stop so maybe best as an addition (eg as in Apple in Melissa’s hash whichvwe all love) rather than eating after a meal. Bought grapes “for my daughters salad” today and have had out on table. Will go and hide in box in fridge. Dragon get thee hence!

Thanks for advice 

oooh Homesoil that doesn't sound good! Sympathetic noises and well done for sticking to it. As my mum says - this too shall pass.

With you on the low energy which I think is par for the course for now (just came back from the gym and would really like to go back to bed but its up a flight of stairs!!)

But dizzy??? are you eating enough? sticking to the template and adding fat?? Hydrating??? Sounds like you need to eat a bit more.

I felt dire yday late afternoon (do I need to drop out dire) but improved after a meal and some calcium supplementation and here to tell the tale.

Hope your day improves. Go and eat! 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Homesoil said:

Hi folks

I am struggling with low energy and dizziness.

Don't worry I am going to stick to it but feeling sorry for myself.

How is everyone else doing?

In addition to what @britgirl asked about your food, are you also salting your food?  when we remove the processed and packaged foods we remove a LOT of the sodium in our diets and sodium is actually an important building block of your body so you need to be adding salt to taste in all your meals.

7 hours ago, britgirl said:

oooh Homesoil that doesn't sound good! Sympathetic noises and well done for sticking to it. As my mum says - this too shall pass.

With you on the low energy which I think is par for the course for now (just came back from the gym and would really like to go back to bed but its up a flight of stairs!!)

But dizzy??? are you eating enough? sticking to the template and adding fat?? Hydrating??? Sounds like you need to eat a bit more.

I felt dire yday late afternoon (do I need to drop out dire) but improved after a meal and some calcium supplementation and here to tell the tale.

Hope your day improves. Go and eat! 

I dont know about the template

I purchased real plans

but doing all the other things you mentioned

Thanks for your support,

Glad you are here to still tell the tale :)

5 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

In addition to what @britgirl asked about your food, are you also salting your food?  when we remove the processed and packaged foods we remove a LOT of the sodium in our diets and sodium is actually an important building block of your body so you need to be adding salt to taste in all your meals.

Hey Sugarcube

Yep salting my f.ood, less dizzy today, thanks for your comments

• 3 weeks later...

Archived