Sign in to follow this  
TrishO

Grape must?

I'm going to start the Whole 30 challenge in a few weeks and I'm doing my research now. The vinegar I usually use for my salads are totally organic and naturally flavored but contain something called "Grape Must," which is a natural form of grape juice, as far as I can tell.  Would this be allowed?

Thank you!

Ingredients: Grape must, wine vinegar, caramel color, natural flavors, naturally occurring sulfites

Just now, TrishO said:

I'm going to start the Whole 30 challenge in a few weeks and I'm doing my research now. The vinegar I usually use for my salads are totally organic and naturally flavored but contain something called "Grape Must," which is a natural form of grape juice, as far as I can tell.  Would this be allowed?

Thank you!

Ingredients: Grape must, wine vinegar, caramel color, natural flavors, naturally occurring sulfites

The grape must is fine but the caramel color is a "sneaky sugar" and would render the item not compliant, sorry!

Thank you! Bummer as we have so many of those oils. Oh well, I have my nutritional yeast dressing that I make myself and I know has all complient ingredients as a back-up! It’s only 30-ish days to feeling better!

4 hours ago, TrishO said:

Thank you! Bummer as we have so many of those oils. Oh well, I have my nutritional yeast dressing that I make myself and I know has all complient ingredients as a back-up! It’s only 30-ish days to feeling better!

It's definitely possible to find a vinegar (balsamic, I assume?) without caramel color! Next time you have a few extra minutes at the grocery store pull some other bottles off the shelf and take a look until you find one!