Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue

The problem with recommending the autoimmune protocol is that fibro is not understood to be an autoimmune disease. I would suggest everyone be *very* careful implementing or suggesting eating restrictions that have more potential to result in disordered eating. "Keep doing what you're doing" might not be the best advice.

The sad truth is that fibromyalgia is a very, very difficult condition to live with. Sometimes food choices help, and sometimes they don't. I have had the best luck with strength training, because it allows for the greatest amount of movement from day-to-day. But the groggy, foggy, painful exhaustion can hit me no matter what I'm doing otherwise.

It's very hard to be strong and to keep on. I hate it when they say fibro patients "are known to be perfectionists" (does that mean, um, unlike yourself, Doc?) but it's really true that Job 1 has to be compassion for ourselves and what we can do today. If that means three hot baths and four hours on the couch with One Life to Live, then that's today. Remember that you are whole, no matter how unwell you are.

• 1 month later...

I have fibromyalgia and I find working out helps me a lot. I am urgently lifting weights 5 days a week and insanity 6 days a week. I also walk my dog twice a day. If I take a break from working out the pains still there but working out is good for my mental health so I do it. I also take a 2 hour dance class once a week and a limber class as well. My husband says I overdo it but I love it and it helps me.

• 2 years later...

Help!  I need serious motivation. I struggle with hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, and PCOS.  I am tired ALL the time.  Zero energy.  I hurt all the time, but try to ignore the pain to function.  I am so tired of being exhausted.  I want to live life again, not just go through the motions.  So, here I am.  I keep reading about W30 and am very interested, but feel defeated before I start.  I know it will help, especially after reading everyone's posts but just feel like I wont make it.  Any ideas are happily accepted!!

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, butterflyonmyneck said:

Help!  I need serious motivation. I struggle with hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, and PCOS.  I am tired ALL the time.  Zero energy.  I hurt all the time, but try to ignore the pain to function.  I am so tired of being exhausted.  I want to live life again, not just go through the motions.  So, here I am.  I keep reading about W30 and am very interested, but feel defeated before I start.  I know it will help, especially after reading everyone's posts but just feel like I wont make it.  Any ideas are happily accepted!!

Just take it one meal at a time! And not to be a downer, but make sure you have realistic expectations. Although the program does help with inflammation and sometimes painful conditions, it's not a cure-all. 

• 2 months later...

Archived