May 14th

ldmcniel

I'm hoping to start May 14. I'm waiting until then because I'm leaving for a work trip at the end of this week and then we have Mother's Day and our wedding anniversary the weekend after I get back. I think starting before any of those times would honestly just set me up for failure, even though I am itching to get started.

I successfully completed my first Whole30 last year in June, but then we started a month long road trip to move across the country (Alaska to Georgia!), so everything I learned pretty quickly went out the window. I tried to do it again when we got settled and was unsuccessful for several reasons. I'm ready for a reset. I'm so tired of how I feel and how I look, and I know that there is more for me - more energy, more joy, more adventure - if I put in the work. I know May 14 is quite a while from now, but I figured if anyone else is even thinking about starting then we could start accountability now while we're prepping. My husband said he'll do it with me (which is freaking incredible, so yay!). We do have a two year old, so I'm excited for her to eat better too, even though I don't have total control over her entire day. 

Anyway, let me know if you're interested in joining me on this journey.

It was over a month between when I decided I wanted to do it and when I started. I figured I wanted to do it at the right time (don't want to sabotage myself) and have time to prepare. 

That's awesome that your husband is going to do it with you! Mine will eat what I make but won't go all the way with me.

Archived