1st Whole30 started 4/20

Badweatherva

Started my 1st Whole 30 on 4/20. It's 4/21 and I had a great run this morning and didn't feel too overly hungry. I was however a bit overwhelmed by the thought of leaving the house with no food (I am an RN and worked 16 hrs of the first day so I came prepared) I will say I have had the WORST and most CONSTANT headache all day. Nothing has fixed it. That being said I have a huge sweet tooth and survive on hospital coffee and diet coke. I tried eating some fruit and drinking black coffee thinking the natural sugar or coffee would help, but nope. Calling it a night and ready for day 3 tommorow!

C. 

1 hour ago, rusrach said:

I just started my 1st Whole30 today. Wow, having to plan for 16 hours could be overwhelming. Good job pushing through!

Day 3, headache is mostly gone but my brain is definitely in a fuzz.....Holding strong though! You got this!

C.

10 hours ago, Badweatherva said:

Day 3, headache is mostly gone but my brain is definitely in a fuzz.....Holding strong though! You got this!

C.

I'm glad your headache is mostly gone. Continue holding strong! It WILL get better!

Day 2. I had a bit of a headache this morning, but Advil seems to have helped.

Rachel

Day 4, 

I barely made it...not on the food front on the energy level. Glad I wasn't working. Took every ounce of life I had to go to store where I decided steak was for dinner (side note I found an amazing "fermented" sirachi sauce which was a sign from somewhere that I could do this) The steak definitely perked me up a bit! When does this fatigue end?

C.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Badweatherva said:

When does this fatigue end?

Have you seen the timeline (https://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/)? 

To help with the tiredness, be sure you're drinking plenty of water, salting your food, and eating meals that match the meal template (which may be more food than you're used to, especially if you have a background of dieting/restricting calories/carbs/fat). (You can download the meal template here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/)

If the steak helped, be sure you're eating enough protein at each meal --- 1-2 portions the length, width, and height of your palm, or if eggs are your protein for a meal, as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand. Add 1-2 servings of fat from the list on the template, generally this should be in addition to any fat you cook in as much of that stays in the pan or may get divided between multiple servings. Then lots of veggies of all types. Most people do well with one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day (potato, sweet potato, beets, carrots, turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, or winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash), and people who are very active, who are prone to depression or anxiety, or who are pregnant, nursing, or in the week or so leading up to their period often need more. 

Day 5 was much better, good workout and energy was better (not 100%) but better. The headache was back though...I don't think it's caffeine bc I have been drinking tea and coffee...maybe still sugar withdrawl? I did have some GI discomfort this morning, possibly my body still adjusting? Ready for day 6!

Archived