About the bathroom....

So I am on day 3 of whole 30 after restarting from day 8 during a mishap at a restaurant.  I haven’t been having solid poops in a few days. I’m not eating anything crazy.

this normal and will correct?

sorry to even have to ask.

• Moderators

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Without knowing what you've been eating, what you ate at the restaurant that was the 'mishap', it's not possible for us to tell but it's not an uncommon side effect of detox.

• Moderators

This isn't totally unheard of, especially if this is much of a change from how you were eating before. 

Broth may help. Well-cooked starchy vegetables may as well, along with applesauce (unsweetened with no non-compliant ingredients) and bananas, although you still don't want to eat tons and tons of fruit.

If the probiotics are something you've just added, some people do have a bit of an adjustment period with those during which they can experience digestive issues. 

7 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

This isn't totally unheard of, especially if this is much of a change from how you were eating before. 

Broth may help. Well-cooked starchy vegetables may as well, along with applesauce (unsweetened with no non-compliant ingredients) and bananas, although you still don't want to eat tons and tons of fruit.

If the probiotics are something you've just added, some people do have a bit of an adjustment period with those during which they can experience digestive issues. 

Thanks for the info. Probiotic I’ve been on for months.  I’ll be patient and hope it corrects. 

I had very regular and healthy bowel movements prior to the Whole 30 diet now loose and not healthy . Bowel movements are also wa window to your health so how healthy is this diet and am I compromising my intestinal health with this diet?   Feel fine otherwise. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, nygiantsfan said:

I had very regular and healthy bowel movements prior to the Whole 30 diet now loose and not healthy . Bowel movements are also wa window to your health so how healthy is this diet and am I compromising my intestinal health with this diet?   Feel fine otherwise. 

Hi @nygiantsfan - it's really hard to say why your BM's are loose. It's not necessarily "unhealthy" but could just be an unwanted reaction to some gut disrupting foods. There are certain foods that can cause gut disruption even though they are Whole30 compliant. Things like nuts/nut products being over-used, dried fruits, some vegetables in higher quantities. Maybe give us a run-down on what you've typically been eating and what day you're on and we can take a look and see if anything stands out.

Archived