Starting Today - 4/23 - First Timers! (Asheville, NC)

EricG

My wife and I are starting Whole30 today - 4/23. We've had it on the calendar for a couple of weeks, and waited to get past some parties. We're excited to "detox" and work on our health. We're both around 60, so it's more important than ever to eat right. The good news is we like cooking and veggies. However, I often cook grains and beans, so I'll have to try some new things. 

Looking forward to the experience and I hope to connect with some folks for support here!

Well, one day finished here! We had good food around so meals weren't bad at all.  This evening, I had to go to the grocery store to pick a few things up and it was tough walking through the aisles and noticing all the things I'd like to eat! But, made it out OK and ready for day 2 tomorrow.

Good luck to you Cheryl!

So far, things are going pretty well. We're realizing we need to do some more prep so we have things ready to eat when we're hungry, but it's just day 2! Last night, had a delicious salad+grilled shrimp+roasted veggies. That works for me!

How has it been going for you so far @rusrach?

Asheville, NC isn't too far from us! Hope you and your wife are doing well so far. My husband and I started on the 18th. Which just happened to be the day after our wedding anniversary. 

I know that walking through the grocery can be tough, but you can do it! Meal prep can be easy. I made my husband a few "snack packs" for work, because he does a lot more manual labor than I do (I'm a housewife) so he needs a little extra during the day. 

Good morning all! Day 3 here - started with french press coffee (with a spoon of coconut cream), and made scrambled eggs w/bacon and spinach. Yummy!

@Ashleyd - you're a few days ahead of us - how's it going for you?

Archived