Mr doctor, my weight, my scales

Ok I’m 14 days I and feeling pretty good. Until I went to my heart doctor who likes I’m loosing weight (but not enough) but eating nuts and avocados and eggs make her crazy with comments like “too high in fat. Too much fat. Your heart is gonna clog. “” she wants me on statins which I don’t want. I have to have blood work in a week( but I’ll postpone that til this is over). She wants me to cut back on the fats, check my weight more often to see if I’m loosing a lb or more a week.  

Im scared if I change this program to lower fat I won’t feel full and I’ll nibble again. Any bright ideas? 

• Moderators

So, this addresses coconut oil in particular, but in the end, it's part of the "fat will kill you" mentality that makes people thing coconut oil is bad:  https://www.facebook.com/notes/whole30/our-official-position-on-coconutgate-2017/1422261014517479/ 

You might also find this article helpful: https://whole30.com/2013/09/doctors-and-whole30/

Ultimately, what you decide to eat is up to you. Your doctor can't tell you what to eat, and we can't tell you what to eat. You have to decide what makes the most sense to you. 

Shannon 

thank you for these two articles. I’m sticking with whole 30 and may find me a younger heart doctor who has read more current info re saturated fat. She couldn’t  believe I put oil and butter in My morning coffee.  

Are there posts on how to continue to Loose weight using whole 40’s approach? My doctor visit only showed a two pound weight loss since sept but I know I’ve lost 8 since starting program 2 weeks ago. She didn’t know I’d gained more weight. 

• Moderators

By 'butter' do you mean clarified butter or ghee?  

We don't offer hacks or ways to circumvent the template and recommendations in order to turn the Whole30 into a weightloss diet.  If you are feeding yourself 3 meals a day based on the template with a variety of veggies, proteins and healthy fats, your body will eventually reach a place where any weight that is meant to come off will come off.  Depending on your own context, medical issues, previous eating habits, age etc... that can take some time but trust the process.

Also, not weighing yourself is one of the rules so please stay off the scale for the rest of the program.  I get that you had to get weighed at the doctor but many people ask to not be told their weight for the duration of the program and the doctor visit doesn't explain weighing at two weeks in on your own.  There are so many benefits to the program that have nothing to do with the scale and we really encourage you to concentrate on the richness of those benefits and not the scale weight.

Thank you for your quick response. I am feeling SO good so staying the program! 

Ive noticed since no dairy for two weeks I’m not snoring. Gotta put that down as non scale victory. Am taking clothes into seamstress Monday as too big and I got them a month ago. So another nsv. 

Thanks for your response

Archived