Whole 30 plan for Breastfeeding Mama

I'm starting Whole 30 tomorrow and I want to make sure I don't have supply issues.  I'm cutting a lot of food out of my diet (I eat a lot of dairy) so I'm concerned with making sure I'm still getting enough to keep my supply up.  Let me know if this sounds like enough or if I'm missing some vital pieces. 

Mini-meal - 

1/2 cup of walnuts

1/2 cup celery slices

1 banana

Breakfast - 

three scrambled eggs

1 cup of sweet potato

1/4 cup of onion

1 slice of bacon

1 tsp ghee 

1/2 cup of strawberries

Lunch -

Deli turkey slices (5-6 slices)

hardboiled egg

1 cup of carrots

1 cup spinach

1/2 cup pineapple slices

1 tbsp almond butter

Mini-meal- 

deli turkey (2-3 slices)

1/4 of avocado 

1/2 cup carrot sticks

Dinner - 

grilled chicken breast

grilled zucchini (about a cup)

1/2 cup pineapple slices

1 tbsp almond butter

• Moderators

You're pretty low on fat on some meals and pretty low on protein on others.

Your first mini meal (and all mini meals) should prioritize protein and fat to be most helpful to your supply. 

For your lunch, eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.  That means that wihtout that deli meat, you'd want 3-4 to start.  5-6 slices of deli meat isn't enough to make up the protein of 3 eggs unless it's uncommonly thick slices.

You've got fruit in 4 out of 5 meals - fruit is recommended to be 0-2 fist sized servings a day.  I would replace some of that fruit with veggies and fat personally.

For fat in general, nuts and their products are recommended to be limited - think one serving every other day at most (a serving being a closed handful of nuts - that's not a lot of nut butter... )

Avocado when used as your fat is a half to a whole so you're low when using 1/4 as your fat source.

In general, up the fat, find other fats aside from nuts, increase your protein and replace some of that fruit with more veggies :) 

Thank you!  Okay, I did some rethinking.  Actually not a huge fan of nuts, so I'm not at all heartbroken to cut those back :-)  

Mini-meal - 

deli turkey ( slices)

1/2 of avocado 

1/2 cup carrot sticks

Breakfast - 

3 scrambled eggs

1 cup of sweet potato

1/4 cup of onion

1 slice of bacon

1 Tbsp coconut oil 

1/2 cup of strawberries

Lunch -

Deli turkey slices (10 slices)

1 cup of carrots

1 cup spinach

1 TBSP olive oil 

Mini-meal- 

1 cup coleslaw (cabbage, vinegar, garlic and 1 Tbsp olive oil)

1/4 cup pineapple slices

Dinner - 

grilled chicken breast

2 cups grilled zucchini

1 Tbsp olive oil

• Moderators

That looks much better.  Just don't get too hung up on doing exactly this... check in with your body signals (hunger, mood, supply) and adjust as necessary - it may 'seem' like a lot of food already but if you have to eat more, do so... you're keeping another human alive with your own body, that's not nothing :)

Archived