Easy Lunch Ideas

LauraKY

Hi All~

Newbie here. I have read the entire Whole30 book and just bought and read Whole30 Fast & Easy Cookbook. I wanted to come to you all to see if you could give me suggestions for some tasty, easy lunches. I don't want salads everyday. I am really picky (which I realize I will have to overcome during this). I am used to eating sandwich, chips and fruit for lunch everyday. So if you have any suggestions, please let me know! :) 

Laura (first Whole30 coming 5/2/18)

• Moderators

These aren't quite salads:  http://meljoulwan.com/2014/06/25/great-ingredients-recipe-required/

These aren't all Whole30, but a lot are, you might find some ideas you can use:  https://nomnompaleo.com/paleolunchboxes (she uses crackers/breads some, and occasionally sweeteners and dairy, so just pay attention and remember to swap out ingredients as needed).

There's always leftovers -- cook enough for dinner the night before that you can just pack up the leftovers for lunch sometime in the next couple of days. That's probably the easiest. 

I love eating soup as well. It is easy to make, easy to bring along in a thermos too. In addition I also make these crackers on a regular basis and they are perfect with some smoked salmon or a homemade tuna salad.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, laura_juggles said:

I'm pretty sure that recreating crackers is a no-go, just like chips and pancakes...

Right-o!  No recreating baked goods including crackers.  Sorry @SimoneB - I've removed the link to the crackers from your post so as not to confuse.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm struggling with this too.  Salads tend to be good- keep a stock of homemade dressings in your fridge, prep some protein the night before (roast some chicken, poach some shrimp).  I also tend to make a big pot of chili and freeze it in individual servings, so I can just grab one and run.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, salsasis14 said:

I'm struggling with this too.  Salads tend to be good- keep a stock of homemade dressings in your fridge, prep some protein the night before (roast some chicken, poach some shrimp).  I also tend to make a big pot of chili and freeze it in individual servings, so I can just grab one and run.

Taco bowls are a great lunch option! Ground beef/turkey/chicken with a homemade taco seasoning, salsa, veggies, olives, guac, avocado etc. 

Archived