day 26 and i just wanna quit

Hi, 

so today I survived day 26.. barely! I went to the movies and believe me it was HARD! Anyways, I really wanna quit! the reason why I did the whole 30 is best I was having headaches, not too much energy, a lot of anxiety and chest pains because of fibro cyst breast. So the first 3 weeks of whole 30 were great I haven't cheated at all, I was feeling good and no pains or headaches. However, this last week has been hard! I got chest pain again, headaches and I feel I haven't lost weight or anything. Also, I want to eat a cheeseburger so damn bad! I was wondering if anyone could help me out... should I quit or not? why have I been feeling bad again? 

• Moderators

Whether you quit or not is really up to you -- do you think quitting would actually make those symptoms you're experiencing go away? It sounds like they'd gone away for a bit during Whole30, so does that mean they're happening with less frequency than they were before? Sometimes, Whole30 can't make existing problems go away, but it can make them less frequent or less severe, so that may be what's happening here. 

As for why you've been feeling bad again, to have any chance of answering that, we'd need to know more about what you've been doing. Could you list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate serving sizes as they relate to the meal template, as well as any kind of exercise you do and what pre- and post-workout foods you have on days you exercise? 

For anxiety, many people find that going too low carb makes their anxiety worse, so be sure you're eating at least a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, like sweet potato, potato, carrot, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, beets, or winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash. Foods rich in omega-3s can help as well -- salmon, for instance. 

Day 2 and I want to quit. But I keep reminding myself why I started; and I got my husband into this so we're holding ourselves responsible for encouraging each other by not quitting ourselves. You only have 4 more days. You can do anything for 4 days. 

34 minutes ago, Hey_Ima_flower said:

Day 2 and I want to quit. But I keep reminding myself why I started; and I got my husband into this so we're holding ourselves responsible for encouraging each other by not quitting ourselves. You only have 4 more days. You can do anything for 4 days. 

I am not quitting! and you should either you and your husband should keep trying is a good thing!! Even though I haven't felt as good I am very happy I am succeeding and compleating a goal! so keep going you have 26 more days to go and you can do it!

18 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Whether you quit or not is really up to you -- do you think quitting would actually make those symptoms you're experiencing go away? It sounds like they'd gone away for a bit during Whole30, so does that mean they're happening with less frequency than they were before? Sometimes, Whole30 can't make existing problems go away, but it can make them less frequent or less severe, so that may be what's happening here. 

As for why you've been feeling bad again, to have any chance of answering that, we'd need to know more about what you've been doing. Could you list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate serving sizes as they relate to the meal template, as well as any kind of exercise you do and what pre- and post-workout foods you have on days you exercise? 

For anxiety, many people find that going too low carb makes their anxiety worse, so be sure you're eating at least a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetable each day, like sweet potato, potato, carrot, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, beets, or winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash. Foods rich in omega-3s can help as well -- salmon, for instance. 

Thanks, Shannon!! I decided not to quit and I mad an awesome Whole30 meal today and that gave me energy and I feel better! thanks also for replying!

Archived