Should I do another Whole30?

I’m on Day 29 of my first Whole30. While all of the foods I consumed were Whole30 compliant, I feel like I failed. I don’t think I defeated that stupid sugar dragon - while fruit is still allowed I think I gave myself permission, especially in the beginning, to eat fruit as a snack not for the nutritional value but due to a sugar craving. I would also have smoothies at the beginning as a snack, however as I looked more into the rules I transitioned to only having a smoothie in a pinch and adding a leafy green to it (all of the smoothies I had on whole30 were homemade). I’m proud that I made it through my first Whole30, but should I consider starting a new one to defeat snacking/sweet cravings? I feel like that was my biggest failure of this whole30. How soon should I start it again? Should I jump right into another, or give myself a break before starting again? Does my Whole30 actually count as a whole30?

• Administrators

Hi @lilyjean - yes, conquering the sugar dragon is a really common desire for folks doing the program. It is not uncommon at all for people to have similar experiences to the one you had. Learning new food habits and relationships is a long-game which means that yes, you might need to do another Whole30 at some point.

Your Whole30 absolutely counts and I would go through the reintroduction process if I were you. Then, work on your food freedom. Your food freedom might look very similar to a Whole30 at first which means you could definitely work on the sugar cravings aspect without diving right in to another Whole30.

Archived