Traveling to Niagara Falls - need advice!

Hi everyone!

My name is Chelsea. My husband, Daron, and I are doing Whole30 for the first time! We are currently on day 9, and hanging in there so far (though I will admit that grocery shopping and walking past all of the gluten and sugars was really difficult a couple days ago!).

Before we started the Whole30, I planned an anniversary get away to Niagara Falls over a long weekend. Now we will be traveling on days 19-22. I have read through the travel advice in the Whole30 books, and found some good blogs. I also read through the travel forum here, and found some good suggestions. However, we are staying at a hotel that does not have a kitchenette (no microwave, cook-top, etc.). I am thinking about calling and requesting a small fridge if that's possible (to store at least some dressings, fruits, and veg), but I don't know if it will be. In other words, I think we are going to have to eat out for almost every meal while we are traveling. In what I read, the suggestions were to Google and call restaurants ahead of time to do as much research as possible, but everyone here seems so helpful I wanted to reach out to see what tried-and-true suggestions you all have. Even better, if any of you have been to Niagara Falls and have suggestions, we would be honored to try them! If I'm being honest, I am nervous about this trip. We are very committed to seeing this 30 days through, and I really want to try our best to stay as compliant as possible while we are traveling.

Thank you for reading and any thoughts or suggestions you might have.

Chelsea

• 3 weeks later...

Archived