Day 9 - Nothing Appeals

Hi All! 

New to whole30 and currently on day 9 and nothing appeals. I know smoothies are a nono but i needed to eat something. Nuts, nut butters all bleh.

I assume this happens to people but i feel more uninspired than i did during the first week.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

• Moderators

This does happen to lots of people at some point in their Whole30. Sometimes you just have to eat something, even if it doesn't sound great.

Sometimes trying something new helps -- is there a recipe you've been wanting to try? Now might be a good time for that. Or check out some Whole30 recipes and see if anything starts to sound exciting. Here's some places you could look:  https://meljoulwan.com/recipes-index/https://nomnompaleo.com/post/42057515329/the-round-up-30-days-of-whole30-recipeshttps://whole30.com/category/recipes/

Or is there something you've made already that you really liked? Maybe make that again. 

thank you for the suggestions! I am definitely forcing myself to eat and dinners at home seem to be better than my lame feeling work lunches. Thank you for the links! I am hoping to get inspired and my non-appetite appeals.

I'm on Day 8 and feeling the same way.  Nothing sounds good. Tired of salad, meat, etc.  However, I just made a soup from the Whole30 book on page 264.  There is small note at the bottom about what to do with leftover broccoli stems and describes a pureed soup to make.  It was warm and nourishing, which appealed to me.  Tonight I'm also trying the Thai Chicken soup.  I've been eating small portions because I feel full after eating them, but I also like to snack on nuts and veggies in between.  I don't think I'm eating enough though. I think part of it for me is all the planning and prep involved in making new recipes all the time.  Takes a lot of effort!  Good luck finding things that appeal!

14 hours ago, Scout14 said:

I'm on Day 8 and feeling the same way.  Nothing sounds good. Tired of salad, meat, etc.  However, I just made a soup from the Whole30 book on page 264.  There is small note at the bottom about what to do with leftover broccoli stems and describes a pureed soup to make.  It was warm and nourishing, which appealed to me.  Tonight I'm also trying the Thai Chicken soup.  I've been eating small portions because I feel full after eating them, but I also like to snack on nuts and veggies in between.  I don't think I'm eating enough though. I think part of it for me is all the planning and prep involved in making new recipes all the time.  Takes a lot of effort!  Good luck finding things that appeal!

If you need to snack on nuts you're definitely not eating enough at your meals!

When I get burned out trying new recipes, I just go back to the basics - roast a bunch of seasoned chicken (don't even look up a recipe, just coat some chicken in olive oil and whatever spices you like), roast some trays of veggies and bake some sweet potato fries. I'll mix a little hot sauce with mayo for fat and call it good! Or, try subbing some things from your old favorite recipes to make them w30 - it's probably easier than you think and that way it won't feel like a new recipe every single time.

Mel Joulwan has a great meal prepping guide on her website - more batch cooking than making specific recipes for each meal. Really helpful!

Thank you all! Now being on day 16 i feel like i have really hit my stride. I have moved on to more interesting meals and i actually feel like at work i am snacking a lot less!

Maybe i just had to hit that day where the flip switched. I am using nomnom paleo cookbooks now and adjusting to make them whole 30 compliant and everything has been so tasty and satisfying!

Archived