Hi! I recently saw a recipe for energy balls with ingredients that are all Whole30 compliant, but I'm not sure if this is a dessert replacement.  These are the ingredients: 2 cups medjool dates (pits removed); ½ cup roasted almonds; ½ cup almond butter; ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided; pinch of salt. I thought I would ask since I'm on day 14 and definitely NOT interested in breaking my Whole30 for this.

Thanks!

I'm guessing mods will say no. These do not sound like a good idea. They are mainly sugar (dates) and nuts. Both of which are supposed to be limited on whole30. They don't fit into the meal templates either (although they sound tasty lol). Best saved for post w30.

• Administrators

Yes, no, definitely the mods will say no. Sorry! Not for Whole30. On an enormous technicality, these are homemade larabars formed into balls. I gueeeeeeeeeeeeeeess technically you could eat these. But only as emergency food if your plane has to circle the airport for 5 hours and then lands on an iceberg in the middle of nowhere. But not for normal eating.

Archived