Day 23 and still not feeling good

Nikki Jean

Help!  This is my first Whole 30.  I was not unhealthy to start (good weight, no soda, pescatarian) so I thought this amazing feeling would've come around 2 weeks.  I'm now on day 23 and not feeling much different.  No abundance of energy and still feel sluggish.  My fiancé is doing it with me and he hasn't hit his Tigers Blood yet either.  I feel like I'm eating enough including good fats, proteins, veggies and fruit.  We both this past week experience a drug like feeling after our dinner and find ourselves falling asleep in front of the tv.

I am low on Vitamin D and have been on supplements for a month.  I can't imagine however that this would prevent me from feeling good...?

Has anyone experienced this?  We are DYING for our Tigers Blood!  I would really appreciate any suggestions....

Are you eating potatoes for dinner?   Sounds like carb coma to me.  If so, try a dinner without them & see how you feel.  They are great for helping people sleep.  If you want to stay awake in the evening ~ not so much.  

If people are having trouble sleeping, consuming potatoes with the evening meal always seems to help.   They cause brain fog for me & make me lethargic, which is why I could pretty much nail that one just from reading your post with no meals included. ;)

If you want to *not* turn into a drooling zombie, just have other veggies with your evening meal.  Green is good.  Play around with it & pay attention to how you feel.  

Good luck!

If you guys are feeling sluggish after your breakfast, too...   first off, really make sure you are getting the template recommendations for protein & fat, ALWAYS.   

Vegetables -- experiment with different types.   Like you're going to do with dinner.  If you're having potatoes and/or a lot of fruit for breakfast, and then you're feeling sluggish, well.......   ;)

Fruit, nuts, seeds, and butters of these are of course *optional* -- veggies are not.   So keep that in mind.   Some people rely too heavily on these things, especially on their first Whole 30, and may find that they feel better overall without them, limiting them, or sticking to the lower-glycemic fruits like berries.

I'm new to the program but my parents have done it several times and they told me that they didn't really start to feel big differences till the second time around. The first 30 days were more of a cleansing and then the second 30 days they started noticing the effects of those changes. Maybe try doing another round and see if that makes a difference! Hope that helps, good luck!

Archived