Help I'm Picky! Not Eating Enough

LauraKY

Hi,

I sure hope I get some response to this as I am *only* on Day 2 of W30, but each day done is a victory, amiright? Anywho, you guys: I am probably the most picky person on the planet. Can someone help me with the following:

Finding food that make me feel full.

This was my menu yesterday:

1. Breakfast:
    • scrambled eggs made w ghee
    • Banana
    • Water

2. Lunch:
  • W30 Compliant Deli Turkey (3 slices)
  • Salad w tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded carrots - NO dressing: as I attempted the W30 Ranch and must've done something wrong :wacko:
  • Watermelon cubes

3. Dinner:

• Rosemary Pork Chops w Potatoes & Onions
  • Cucumbers
  • Pineapple

I do NOT like, hard boiled eggs, nor do I like nuts/seeds of any sort, almond butter, avocado, coffee.

Send help.

My snacking consists of a few grapes! Ideas?????

I am a mama and have to have ENERGY to go!! Any help/tips/suggestions is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciated!!! 

Much love!

• Administrators

You can 100% do this without hard boiled eggs, nuts/seeds or avocados. It might help you if, instead of focussing on what you cannot have, you turn the focus to what you can have. You might also see on this forum where we've tried to gently redirect "picky" people. With all the love, you're an adult, you get to decide what you do and do not like to eat, that's fine, but it can be limiting when you wear "I'm picky" as a main descriptor of your eating habits. Try reframing it: "I don't normally like xyz but I can definitely find lots to eat that either doesn't involve those or where I can keep trying these things and maybe change my tastes".

Anyway, beyond that, you aren't eating enough and you seem to be relying on fruit too much. Eggs as your sole protein are as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping. That's 3-4 as a start for most people. Then add 2-3 cups of cooked veggie and a fat source.

Protein is meant to be palm-sized which is the length, width and thickness of your palm. 3 slices of deli meat is not enough by a long shot. Beyond being really hard to find compliant, it's not your best choice because you're going to need to eat a tonne of it. Try subbing in a more substantial protein. Salad greens aren't sufficient as a vegetable unless you're eating a literal mixing bowl worth. Think of how cooked down spinach gets or how wilted a salad is after an hour. There's not much there. Add some sturdier veggies and a fat source.

Energy comes from enough food, especially in the first few days if Whole30 is a big shift from where you were before. Eat up!

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, LauraKY said:

I am not trying to paint myself as anything. Sorry I used the wrong title in my post. Good grief. Just looking for some suggestions not to be scolded, @ladyshanny.

No one scolded you... we have had many people come through who are picky eaters and just through changing the way that dialogue is in the mind, you can open up possibilities of things that otherwise you wouldn't.  If you are not interested in trying new things that that's fine too :)

The rest of the advice still holds altho it's very hard to give suggestions on what to eat for people who are picky eaters because often aside from the items listed out, there are other things the poster doesn't like and so it's hard to spend time typing things out only to have everything shot down.  If the ONLY things you don't eat are the ones you listed, then we can definitely offer some suggestions.

Archived