Colonoscopy requires drinking sports drink

Help.  I have a colonoscopy prep the day after I finish whole 30 right during the beginning of my 10 day reintroduction. 

I have to select a sports drink like Gatorade or G2 or Powerade 0 or crystal lite or propel. For diabetics they have to use propel or crystal light- 64 oz. I’m afraid of putting that much fake sugar into a clean system. The day before is basically a fast day and only thing on their list that’s whole food compliant is broth and tea. Any suggestions pls

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Bootsie1947 said:

Help.  I have a colonoscopy prep the day after I finish whole 30 right during the beginning of my 10 day reintroduction. 

I have to select a sports drink like Gatorade or G2 or Powerade 0 or crystal lite or propel. For diabetics they have to use propel or crystal light- 64 oz. I’m afraid of putting that much fake sugar into a clean system. The day before is basically a fast day and only thing on their list that’s whole food compliant is broth and tea. Any suggestions pls

Not sure what type of advice you're looking for, there isn't really a replacement for that type of thing given what the doctor is requesting you to do.  Ideally, you'd find something that had real sugar not fake sugar but if you are diabetic then you'd be using what they recommend.  You can always go back to Whole30 for a week or so after your test to clear your system before you do reintroductions.

Thanks for info. I chose propel water. Doctor suggested it. But I realized my last day on whole30 is basically a fast day with just broth tea and jello,so cannotfollow last day of program nor day of colonoscopy. So thinking I’ll do extra week of whole 30 but then I’d be traveling while doing the ten day reintroduce as going to wedding festivities for ten days. I’m thinking to just try to stay as clean as possible and when I return try ten more days of whole30. ? I do t know where to ask these questions so coming to you. Thank you.

• Moderators

If you skipped the last day for the fast and then the colonoscopy day then I would think 10 days back on Whole30 would be sufficient to get back to a place where you could do reintros.  After the wedding which you've already mentioned is going to have quite a few meals you won't be able to control and out of town guests, it would likely not be sufficient to do 10 days and then reintro - you might consider doing the best you can and then when the wedding etc... is over, do another whole30 and reintroductions.

• 2 months later...

Archived