Afternoon snack

I am on R2D2 and I am trying to be so compliant. However, I begin prep for dinner for us around 4:30 or 5pm. I am so hungry right around then. I have been sitting down to eat a handful of nuts and a cup of tea at 4 so I don't pick at stuff I shouldn't eat. Is this awful? If so, what do you suggest. I have tried to do my complete plates at each meal. I did see I should be eating more than 2 eggs in the morning, but for lunch I had a full plate of salad topped with 2 hamburger patties and compliant dressing.

Thanks for your help

• Moderators

If you're consistently hungry between meals, keep trying to tweak your meals to keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time, but in the meantime, when you're hungry, it's okay to eat. Try to have a mix of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three -- maybe a hard boiled egg and some carrot sticks, or some leftover chicken and mayo.  Try to limit nuts to a closed handful every other day or so, just because they don't have the best omega-3 to omega-6 ratio, and they can be hard on the digestion for many people.

When you have salads, what kinds of veggies are in them? If it's almost all leafy greens, it takes a ton of them to really feel satisfied and stay that way for several hours. Try adding some heartier vegetables, like broccoli or cauliflower or snap peas or beets or roasted sweet potato chunks. It's also okay to add extra fat in addition to the dressing, so maybe some olives or avocado or bacon. Or add some soup or other vegetables on the side, if that works better for you.

Archived