First Whole 30 reintroduction

Since this is my first Whole30, I’m not sure what to expect during the reintroduction phase. Yesterday we introduced legumes. Peanut butter with breakfast, peas for lunch and supper. I chose those 2 items because they are the items we would tend to eat more of. Here I am after my first day of legumes and I have a headache. I’m honestly not sure if it’s from the legumes. The pollen count here is pretty high, plus we just had a front go through and it’s raining. Not to mention that my cycle is approaching (tmi?) How can I tell if my headache is from the conditions or the legumes?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 30Rookie said:

Since this is my first Whole30, I’m not sure what to expect during the reintroduction phase. Yesterday we introduced legumes. Peanut butter with breakfast, peas for lunch and supper. I chose those 2 items because they are the items we would tend to eat more of. Here I am after my first day of legumes and I have a headache. I’m honestly not sure if it’s from the legumes. The pollen count here is pretty high, plus we just had a front go through and it’s raining. Not to mention that my cycle is approaching (tmi?) How can I tell if my headache is from the conditions or the legumes?

In this case we suggest going back to Whole30 until you feel as good as you did before the legumes and then either redo that intro or go to the next one and tack another legume day on at the end... that's really the only way to know is to reintro them when the circumstances of weather and your cycle are different.

We introduced legumes today.  PB with breakfast and lunch and will have black beans with dinner.  I didn't think about peas, but we don't really eat them much anyways.  I don't like beans at all, but my husband does so thats why we picked that.  We eat a lot of peanut butter normally though- almond and cashew butter just don't taste the same to me.

Our Whole 30 kind of ended in a mess.  My husband tore his achilees tendon on day 28 and had surgery on day 30, so he did his final weigh in and measurements on day 30 instead of day 31.  He lost over 22 lbs and feels great.  I weighed and did measurements this morning, i lost about 7.6.  He had more to lose and more habits to change, I eat fairly well to begin with.

We both feel great.  We were discussing NSVs 2 nights ago and were amazed at what we both came up with.  Much better relationships with food.  My husband said he learned that there are other options besides soda that he actually enjoys and that he doesn't need the soda.  Also that he doesn't need to snack in between meals, that he can add enough to his meals to stay full (he has a very active job). 

We both learned that our bodies really do know when they are full or hungry and that we can trust them.  I have found that I have more energy, don't have that 3pm slump and have been able to focus much better.  I have finally found enough energy to start studying for my HR certifications, which I have been putting off for about 2 years now.  Also have enough energy that I joined two book clubs and a coloring club at my local library.

Have already decided we will do mostly Whole 30 meals and then just evaluate and decide the non complaint foods as they come up.  We are still doing the fast track reintroduction to have an idea of how the groups will effect us, but then plan to address other foods as they come up.  Neither of us is really missing two much.  Like I mentioned above, happy to have my PB back (hopefully).  But not much else, would be nice to have sweets occasionally if I want one (like chocolate chip cookies at my birthday that is coming up soon).

Forgot to finish the rest of the story about my husband.

After surgery they had him eat some saltines to help with the grogginess from the procedure.  And then he had 2 pieces of toast at home, again to help soak up all that junk in his system... Later that evening he says "Yeah I can evaluate gluten grains already, i feel bloated and icky."  I told him we don't really know if its from the saltines and toast or just from the procedure, so we will reevaluate on day 10.  So his reintro was a little different but doctors orders trump anything else, even Melissa says that in her books, so not too worried.  He will adjust and like I said we plan to do mostly Whole 30 complaint in the future anyways.

55 minutes ago, Dockris said:

We introduced legumes today.  PB with breakfast and lunch and will have black beans with dinner.  I didn't think about peas, but we don't really eat them much anyways.  I don't like beans at all, but my husband does so thats why we picked that.  We eat a lot of peanut butter normally though- almond and cashew butter just don't taste the same to me.

Our Whole 30 kind of ended in a mess.  My husband tore his achilees tendon on day 28 and had surgery on day 30, so he did his final weigh in and measurements on day 30 instead of day 31.  He lost over 22 lbs and feels great.  I weighed and did measurements this morning, i lost about 7.6.  He had more to lose and more habits to change, I eat fairly well to begin with.

We both feel great.  We were discussing NSVs 2 nights ago and were amazed at what we both came up with.  Much better relationships with food.  My husband said he learned that there are other options besides soda that he actually enjoys and that he doesn't need the soda.  Also that he doesn't need to snack in between meals, that he can add enough to his meals to stay full (he has a very active job). 

We both learned that our bodies really do know when they are full or hungry and that we can trust them.  I have found that I have more energy, don't have that 3pm slump and have been able to focus much better.  I have finally found enough energy to start studying for my HR certifications, which I have been putting off for about 2 years now.  Also have enough energy that I joined two book clubs and a coloring club at my local library.

Have already decided we will do mostly Whole 30 meals and then just evaluate and decide the non complaint foods as they come up.  We are still doing the fast track reintroduction to have an idea of how the groups will effect us, but then plan to address other foods as they come up.  Neither of us is really missing two much.  Like I mentioned above, happy to have my PB back (hopefully).  But not much else, would be nice to have sweets occasionally if I want one (like chocolate chip cookies at my birthday that is coming up soon).

Oh no, your poor husband! Sounds like everything else is going great! My husband lost almost 25 pounds and I lost 10 lbs. I don’t feel like my hubby has enjoyed this food thing as much as I have. Don’t get me wrong, he has loved the meals I have prepared....he just wants junk. Lol

I agree with everything you have said. My energy level is so much different now. And I love the fact that I am understanding my body signals better. I used to say that I never get full. I have not said that one time since I started Whole30. I NEVER ate breakfast and sometimes never ate lunch. What’s funny is that breakfast has quickly become my favorite meal!! I can not wait to get up in the morning and eat. I think that change right there has surprised me the most. 

Archived