My second whole 30

kargar

This is my second whole 30.  I am on day 23 and my guts are finally coming around. I must've done a lot of damage in the last 4 years when I did this before.  My husband and I both did this program and felt so good!!  We only lasted 5 months eating paleo though. I We just don't want to go back to our old ways.  I am journaling the changes happening in my body so I will hopefully read these and never ever go back.  I am just writing on here to get encouragement from others and to hear their stories too.  We're all in this together.  I would love to hear from anybody that wants to share.

Hi there

I'm also starting my Whole 30 on 21 May.  My brother is over from the States for one week - 12 May to 19th - so impossible before then.  I did my first one 2 yrs ago and lost 10lbs in 30 days. I kept that off for two years but now it's creeping back!!!  I feel determined and ready to get back in the zone again. My chocolate addiction needs a severe slap and this will do it.  I actually feel unhealthy and bloated but only really have about 19-20lbs to lose.  I can do it, and so can you.  You're lucky that you are both doing it!! My husband can't keep to the programme so I struggle sometimes!!  Let's keep going and keep each other posted.  You are nearly there!!! Go easy on the introduction phase - I didn't, last time and it was a mistake.  Love, Sue x

Thank you so much for responding.    Yes, let's keep each other encouraged!  We can do it!  Yes, the reintroduction phase scares me a little bit.  I don't even remember doing that phase 4 years ago.  I must have but didn't do it right, I guess.  I feel like I want to stay on this a little longer, then take the reintroduction phase super slow.  Anyway, enjoy your time with your brother and get mentally prepared for the 21rst.  You can do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Well,  here I am, and a whole week in!  All good so far. I did want to kill the members of my family who ate the last of my birthday cake, right in front of me, over the weekend. But then, I had asked them to get rid of it - and they did!  We have had a fairly quiet but very sociable bank holiday weekend that did not include any alcohol, so something of a victory really!  On the plus side I feel far less bloated, am sleeping better and have noticed a difference in my attitude towards my chocolate addiction!

The planning is still hard work, I think. However I know for sure that this is the only choice for me, as if I don't plan, I then get moody and feel as though it's not working. Vicious cycle then starts and I convince myself it's just not "do-able".  The fridge is full of NOTHING but Whole 30 compliant stuff (with the exception of my husband's few cans of beer) but even he has not bothered with them which has been helpful really.

I've found a couple of recipes on Pinterest and Instagram which I've tried out. My fave was the cherry and chocolate smoothie which was DELICIOUS.  If you are interested I can give you the recipe.  I have made this about 3 times, on the days when I just could not face a cooked breakfast.

Let me know how you are getting on?

Kind regards

Sue

Yes, I would love the recipe!  Thank you.  I am done with my whole 30, but I haven't reintroduced anything yet.  I think I'm scared. :-)  I have had a glass of wine with friends, ate foods that other people brought to a potluck and ate a chocolate that someone gave me.  I do it because I don't want to refuse their kindness or if the situation is special to me, I will eat something, not a lot.  If I am going to something, I eat something before I go, so I don't eat much.   My husband and I did buy a glass of lemonade from a neighbor boy who had a lemonade stand. :-)

I hear you about feeling like it's not doable.  Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed when cooking all my meals, especially dinner.  I have to do so much!  I take it out on my family too.  I get so mad that I have to do so much and I just get bitchy toward my daughter and husband.  But, you can do it, Sue!  Your health is so worth it!  And it will be so nice to get rid of your sugar addiction.   It will be nice for you to have some chocolate now and then and know you are in control.  I love that feeling.  I had some chocolate today and it didn't even taste like anything really,  I am loving my whole foods so much better!  I especially love strawberries!  

Anyway, thank you for writing back.  Just remember, you can do it!  And maybe after your husband sees what a change you are making physically and mentally he will join you. :-)  

Kari

Archived