The same 3 recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all 30 days?

Laurenacc

Not saying I'm going to do this, but I'm about to start Day 4 and I've only had to make 4 recipes so far because I've had so many leftovers that I've been able to eat for days. But...let's say I found 3 recipes I really love and they are easy to make and not super time consuming...would it be bad to eat the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all 30 days? Or is that no bueno? Besides being bored with the repetition, I assume this would be ok? Thoughts?

• Moderators

You CAN do that... it doesn't give a ton of variety for nutrients or interest... I live alone so I have the same issue that there are often a lot of leftovers so I use it to my advantage... Each week I make the components of three meals... Then all week I eat that food either as the meal it was meant to be or parts mixed together.

Thanks! That’s a great idea...I should do that.

Thing is- I really love the traditional protein salad and it’s so quick to make and easy to bring to work. So I’m considering maybe continuing that for my lunch for however long...until I get sick of it I suppose? I’m about to make a new recipe for dinner tomorrow night- beef and sweet potato chili- recipe in Whole30 Cookbook. Looks d*lish...would that be considered a one pot meal? Or would I need to have a plate of veggies alongside the chili? 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Laurenacc said:

Thanks! That’s a great idea...I should do that.

Thing is- I really love the traditional protein salad and it’s so quick to make and easy to bring to work. So I’m considering maybe continuing that for my lunch for however long...until I get sick of it I suppose? I’m about to make a new recipe for dinner tomorrow night- beef and sweet potato chili- recipe in Whole30 Cookbook. Looks d*lish...would that be considered a one pot meal? Or would I need to have a plate of veggies alongside the chili? 

I honestly don't really believe in 'one pot meals' in most cases.  The template asks for 1-2 palms of protein, a plate full of veggies (that's like 1-3 cups) and added fat...I make chili and jam it full of aaaallll the veggies and usually still have some on the side and then slice up an avocado or add olives to my chili for the fat.

You can definitely have the same thing for lunch until you get sick of it but remembering that variety is always a good thing so maybe different proteins, different veggies with it, eat it out of a pepper or cucumber boat or with snap peas and tomatoes etc... keep it colorful :)

Archived