Waking up Very Early

I am on Day 12, and I think I’m feeling pretty good, but I’m starting to notice a pattern with sleep. For the past three mornings, I have woken up between 4:00 and 5:00 am and have trouble falling back to sleep. I have a medical condition that makes me have to get up to use the bathroom at least once a night. (It would be a bonus if this would improve on my Whole30, but I’m not expecting it to.) Usually, I fall right back to sleep, but the last few nights (early mornings), I’m wide awake.  Don’t feel like I have a lot of thoughts running through my mind keeping me up. I’m just awake, but I really don’t want to get up and start my day at 4:00 on only five hours of sleep. I do think the sleep I’m getting in those five hours is better than before though. Is this a natural part of the Whole30 or is there something I can do during the day to help?

• Moderators

A change in hormones which is almost always along for the ride in a Whole30, especially for women means that you might have different awake times.. that could resolve or it could be that that's your wake up time.  If that's the case, I would definitely try going to sleep earlier than midnight if you can... 

Archived