R1D9 exhausted irritable and no appetite

My background: I have asthma and allergies as well as skin issues. I also am allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, soy, shellfish and avocado. 

The first few days I actually felt great. I was super excited about starting and had energy.  The last 5 days however, I’ve felt increasingly worse... super tired, irritable, fog-headed and losing my appetite for food. I have a legitimate fear of trying new foods because of my severe food allergies. But I’m really trying here. 

Typical daily menu: 64 oz of water (sometimes with lemon)

Breakfast- 2 eggs with ghee and prosciutto or egg frittata with onions/peps/compliant sausage, 1 cup black coffee, 1 fruit like apple, orange or grapefruit

Lunch- salad (lettuce/spinach) with carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onion along topped with EVOO and vinegar, with some sort of protein - grilled chicken or pork or ground beef

Dinner- Protein cooked in EVOO- I’ve had roasted and grilled chicken, compliant “sloppy joe”, grilled salmon, pulled pork, etc along with more salad or another veggie. A few times this week I also had some potatoes and yesterday made plantain for something different. 

Am I doing something wrong? I can’t function through another work week like this but I don’t want to give up. My husband and kids are ready to kill me. I’m not being my nicest self this week.

• Moderators

I honestly think you're probably not eating enough given the symptoms you're saying as well as the meals you've written out.  

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... procuitto is really more fat than meat and to even get enough to consider it part of your protein, it would have had to be a LOT because it's awfully thin... I would trade that fruit for some veggies in your breakfast if I was you also - fruit eaten first thing can often set up the day for cravings and energy irregularity.

Try adding some cooked and heartier veggies to that salad and make sure you're getting 1-2 palms of protein and a good helping of plated fat.

A fist sized serving of starchy carb is recommended for at least one meal a day to start so you might want to make sure that plays a part of every day... if you're prone to mood disorders, are fairly active, you'll want to eat more starchy carb. 

Take another look at the template and make sure that you're eating enough... you can also check out Melissa Hartwig's instagram and look for pictures of her meals or go to @stuffonaplate on instagram and that one also has great pictures of what a template plate is going to look like... you can check mine too (if you don't mind sorting through cat pictures) - I have a picture of my breakfast from last week up that might give you an idea of a template breakfast. Sugarcubeod is my insta.

Archived