vidhi

Whole 30 with Migraines

hey

I am a vegetarian (do not each fish) and am planning to start Whole 30 soon.

1. What i can have and what not: I understand that the following are not advised in the normal program,  but is it okay if we don't eat fish and meat?

Paneer, Indian Dal, Beans, Chickpeas, Yogurt, Tofu

2. I get bad migraine headaches. Lots of triggers like hunger, stress, lack of sleep etc. Am worried that drastic reduction of calories will cause more migraines. Anyone has tips on how to successfully do the program to avoid headaches?

5 minutes ago, vidhi said:

hey

I am a vegetarian (do not each fish) and am planning to start Whole 30 soon.

1. What i can have and what not: I understand that the following are not advised in the normal program,  but is it okay if we don't eat fish and meat?

Paneer, Indian Dal, Beans, Chickpeas, Yogurt, Tofu

2. I get bad migraine headaches. Lots of triggers like hunger, stress, lack of sleep etc. Am worried that drastic reduction of calories will cause more migraines. Anyone has tips on how to successfully do the program to avoid headaches?

Please don't cross post the same questions across multiple threads as per forum rules.  I've answered your question about vegetarian protein options in the other thread you posted in.

As far as a drastic reduction in calories, please keep in mind that this is NOT a calorie restricted diet and we encourage you to eat three template meals a day that keep you feeling full for 4-5 hours between.  Include veggies, fat and protein in every meal and a fist sized serving of starchy carb every day at the minimum.  As well, make sure you're salting your food and drinking at least 1/2oz of water per pound of bodyweight.

I had a migraine the first time i did Whole30 vegetarian from end of day 1 until about day 3-4.  It was horrible and made be think about stopping, but i would say this is probably not uncommon if you have been having a lot of sugar before you start.  I used to have sugar in tea and coffee and there was probably a lot of added sugar in foods that i didn't realise because i wasn't used to checking what ingredients were in the food i was eating.  I'm on my 3rd Whole30 at the moment and i haven't had a headache related to Whole30 since the 1st time, maybe because my baseline sugar is reduced when i start?  Also def drink plenty of water regularly during the day and eat regularly.  I always have something in my bag rather than find i'm out and can't find anything compliant and then have to go hours until i'm home again.