Day3 Stomach Feels Like Trash

I joined this program because, honestly, I’ve just been feeling like garbage lately. It just keeps getting worse. I was planning on starting June 1st, but on Sunday I felt so bad after eating, I just said, “I can’t wait any longer.”

Now I’m wondering if I’m doing it right because I’m not having any of the problems I’m supposed to be having (terrible headaches, etc (though I’ve never been super into sugar)), and my stomach is still acting afoul on me.

Day 1, I felt great and day 2, I was doing great until I ate avocado. (Also note, I’m working without a gallbladder). That said, I’m wondering if it’s a usual thing to have to cut out something like avocado. My stomach still feels a little “icky” from yesterday. Maybe I was a little naive thinking I’d feel better after two days of clean eating, has anyone had else these experiences? Here’s a list of everything that’s gone in my body since I started:

clementines

sweet potato

mango

chicken breast

mini potatos (now that white potatos are compliant)

onion

garlic

garlic powder (listed ingredient: garlic powder)

coconut milk (listed: coconut milk, guar gum)

organic curry powder

crushed tomato

minced garlic (garlic plus citric acid)

cauliflour  rice 

cashews

avocado

carrots

ghee

coconut oil 

(note... I get lazy so I just eat leftover chicken for breakfast with some cashews rather than cooking breakfast foods).

Any guess why I’m not feeling better? Should I just give it more time?

• Administrators

Hi there, yes, avocado can be problematic for some people. Is it something you ever ate before?

The way you've listed out the food is a bit difficult, if you can put it together and let us know meal composition, quantities and timing that would help. How is Whole30 different than how you used to eat? Not everyone gets every symptom and stomach upset is common enough.

Hello, I realize I explained that poorly:

Day 1:
Breakfast: 5 small Clementines
Lunch: 1 sweet potato and 1 mango
Dinner: grilled chicken (1 breast) with grilled onions and grilled baby potatoes 
Snack/extra meal: None

Day 2:
Breakfast: 1 half grilled chicken breast plus 1 closed handful of cashews
Lunch: Okra, cauliflower rice, and chicken breast strips cooked with coconut oil
Dinner: skin-on/bone-in chicken breast  (1 breast) with curry made from ghee, onion, garlic, curry powder, crushed tomatoes and coconut milk; cauliflower rice
Snack/extra meal: three carrots plus one avocado smashed with some garlic powder (approximately three hours after lunch;  one sweet potato and handful of cashews (approximately seven hours after lunch, before dinner)

Day 3:
Breakfast: 1 half grilled chicken breast plus 1 closed handful of cashews
Lunch: Okra, cauliflower rice, and chicken breast strips cooked with coconut oil

• Administrators

Hi @Bis98356 - have you seen the meal template that we recommend folks use to compose their meals? It's linked in my signature below or if you're on a mobile device, just google "Whole30 meal template".

You likely are not eating enough but it's hard to tell. The fact you're snacking is a good indicator that you need more food at meal times.

Archived