1st time and starting the 21st of May!!

Evy

Hey my name is Evy. I’m was going to start today BUT I didn’t plan very well and wanted to just rush in. I’ve taken under advisement from a couple friends who have done it before and obviously this site, that that wouldn’t be the best way to meet my goal so I’m using the weekend to write up a meal plan for a month and to go shopping. When I first started thinking about doing this my fiancé was going to do it with me but he has since backed out. I was wondering if anyone had experience with that and how hard it was, and maybe some pointers on what to watch out for. Given I won’t be able to go through the kitchen and have a complete whole30 kitchen. I also work at a coffee shop as a baker, however I’ve worked there for over three years and have grown ALMOST immune to the things I bake. Anyway, I’m very excited to start this journey and to find out some things about my body and mind. 

Hi Evy,

Good Luck To You!1st and in retrospect it's not been that hard for me. I discovered that I was addicted to simple carbs and sweets in just the first few days. Afternoon dull headaches were the only  withdrawl symptoms I've felt. On day three, I discovered that water actually tastes "sweet" to me and have been drinking in gallons ever since. On day 14 a really noticed a difference in my waistline and midsection overall and I'm now fitting into pants comfortably that I gave up on over two years ago. I have followed the program to a "T" and fully expect to lose upwards of 15 to 20 lbs. The other thing I did before starting was to have a complete blood count on day one. I'll do the same on day 31 before I start to re-introduce any of the restricted foods into my diet.

Get the book It Starts With Food. I purchased it on ITunes and have listened to it non-stop during my one-hour commute into work and back each day. I truly believe this will be a life-changing new nutritional program for me for years to come. By the way, I'm a 60-year old male who has always struggled with my weight since childhood...until now!

Hi! I'm starting tomorrow (May 21) as well. I'm a bit overwhelmed but also excited. I believe as we get into the swing of it, it'll get easier. I'm happy to help motivate and keep each other on track. Best wishes to you!

Hi! My name is Michelle and my husband and I are starting tomorrow (5/21) too!  I am excited about it and looking forward to a what I think will be great health rewards and an overall grateful and responsible way of eating.  I'll see y'all on here I hope! 

Hey! Doing good! I am pretty sure I am going to like it very much.  My honey is thinking we are going to hit a wall soon (cravings) b/c he is talking to a friend who did it and said around day 12-13 it gets tough.  Good to have the heads-up but I seriously think I am going to keep enjoying it.  I can see why prepping ahead of time and having meals planned a few days in advance is important.  

Tonight he had to go to a meeting where they are eating so I made him a plate to take and eat on the way and he was pleased and said he will just eat it there with them. lol  It was a plate of lettuce leaves wrapped around turkey, avocado, homemade mayo, and tomato and some nuts/raisons for dessert.  

How are y'all making it? 

Also, we are drinking unsweetened coconut milk in our morning coffee until our Nutpods creamer arrives!  It is not so bad...

:) 

I really like the "Lazy Girl's Guide to Whole 30 site- check it out. Some good food ideas.  

Hey this is so exciting that there are so many of you who started the same day as me!! I haven’t checked back here since I started how is everyone doing?! I found today that all I want d to do was luck cookies!!! (I’m a baker) and it was extremely difficult but in order to curb the sugar cravings I came home and had a modified taco salad and ate strawberries with the cream off the top of the coconut milk can. Not the super sweet I was looking for but it helped some. 

Good luck everyone! And I’m still learning how to use this forum thing so if you have pointers or places to check back with each other let me know how!

Hey there!

I am starting today too!

I did my first Whole 30 two years ago, and kept off the 1 stone I lost until about Jan of this year, where it all went a bit off course!!  I am very excited about this current one as I know how good it is and how empowered I felt last time.  Just let's take it one day at a time and we will all get there.  Preparation is EVERYTHING and remind me of this when I am moaning about it being hard!!! :wacko: I am trying to plan meals two days forward, so that I am not stuck in the "what can I have for dinner" spiral.

All the very best to all of you and looking forward to swapping stories! 

HI

That post from me was drafted on May 21st!! I am one week in now, like the rest of you!  Had a good weekend and managed to swerve around alcohol, leftover birthday cake and pizza, which other family members were scoffing!  Worth it though................one week in and very pleased about that!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Archived