R1D5 - Want to Quit

I’m really tired of eating veggies and meat for breakfast. Pre-Whole30, I would eat 2 slices of whole wheat toast with all natural (no sugar/sweetener) peanut butter plus a side of fruit.

So far, I’ve enjoyed eggs the most. Eating meat and fat so early in the morning (06:00) is not appetizing. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Maybe you could try making a frittata with meats and veggies in it? That's what I ate my first week of Whole30 and I quickly adjusted to enjoying more savory breakfasts. 

Another thing I do is remind myself that it's all temporary. Knowing that I won't have to do this forever made the first week way easier, and after a week or two I had actually started adapting and looked forward to breakfast (I was never a breakfast person before). 

My very favorite breakfast is to spiralize sweet potato and russet potato (a half and half mix), cook them up in a generous amount of ghee, and add some salt, pepper, garlic, and onion seasoning. I then cook u p a couple of slices of bacon and three over-easy eggs, which I plop right on top of the sweet potato so it becomes a delicious, gooey mess. :-)

It's maybe not the healthiest but it's 100% compliant, follows the meal template relatively well, and is the easiest thing for me to eat early in the morning. 

In general, good luck! Think about your goals and hopefully some NSVs you may be feeling at this time, and try and stick with it! It's done such wonderful things in my life and so many others!

Why do you have to have meat? If you don't want meat with your first meal, just have enough eggs to be a serving of protein (however many you can hold comfortably in your palm). Make some potatoes o'brien with bell pepper and onion and cook it with a generous amount of ghee or other cooking fat. 

PB toast and fruit got you used to wanting sweets for breakfast. Once you've gotten past that it gets a lot easier. 

Archived