Electrolytes. Elyte vs HEED by Hammer

Greg.gggggggg

I did my W30 in January ‘18 and lost 30 lbs.  I’ve maintained my new weight, stuck to the principles of W30 and feel great.  I am a river guide in the summer.  Most days I am on the water 10 hours in the hot sun.  In the past I have used HEED by Hammer to keep me hydrated, because I wanted to stay away from Gatorade. I’ve been using it for years with good results, no stomach issues, etc...but I have not used it since W30 in Jan.  Any reason I should not continue to use HEED?  Is Elyte better?  I’m not looking for an answer like “HEED does not follow the principles of W30”.  Will HEED mess with my diet?  Does anyone use HEED?  

Thanks, Gregg

• Moderators

What you choose to do after Whole30 is really up to you, Whole30 isn't going to tell you which non-Whole30 product is better or worse, 

Hopefully some people who use similar products can weigh in on what works for them. What I will say is, be sure you reintroduce any product you think you might use before you're actually out and need it. The Heed product contains xylitol which causes serious digestive distress in some people -- you don't want to find out you're one of them while you're out working. And even if it didn't bother you before, it's not a bad idea to be sure it's still not going to affect you now. 

Archived