Lacy's Whole 30

lacyjean

Yesterday was my first day of what will be my first completed Whole 30.  I have had a few failed attempts, but after weight gain, fatigue, achy joints, and anxiety getting worse and worse each month, I am ready to give this my all!  I shopped and meal prepped for hours Sunday and planned to have one last "bad" meal, but after preparing all that fresh food nothing "bad" really sounded all that good... but I did have my last couple glasses of wine, which I will definitely miss!

First day was pretty easy, as usual.  I felt a little sleepy, but that's it.  Enjoyed my food :)

Breakfast:

two eggs cups with spinach and sausage

strawberries

black iced coffee

between meals- tea, water

Lunch:

chicken thighs and sweet potatoes and cauliflower and mushrooms with juices from cooking chicken 

raw carrots

Dinner:

ground beef, purple cabbage, red onion, avocados, fried white potato (I feel like I'm forgetting something!)

and a few strawberries

between meals:

tea

lot's of water

Overall was pretty satisfied, just could have used a bigger portion for lunch... I was HUNGRY by dinner and chowed down!

Day three-  Feeling good... but yesterday I was feeling CRANKY!  Just negative a irritable and bloated.  I used to have a really healthy diet, but the past six months or so I have slowly started eating EVERYTHING and not in moderation... and tons of sugar.  I definitely feel it as I get detox!  But today I woke up feeling alert and pretty darn good!  And I only have to do three day, 10 more times :) That's not that bad when I think of it that way.

Days two's food-

Breakfast:

three eggs cups with spinach and sausage

strawberries

black iced coffee

Lunch:

chicken thighs and sweet potatoes and cauliflower and mushrooms with juices from cooking chicken 

raw carrots and cucumbers

Dinner:

salmon, mashed potato and cauliflower, broiled brussels and broccoli

strawberries

between meals:

tea

lot's of water

Totally felt satisfied each meal, but I need to up my portions.  I'm feeling very hungry before my next meal... or maybe that is normal?

Archived