1st Time Whole30: College Edition

maggiem951

My name is Maggie and I have been really disappointed in my health since I began college. Before I started college, I rarely drank, slept regularly, exercised regularly, and ate relatively healthy (although my 17 year old metabolism is completely different than my 22 year old metabolism). I am now entering my 4th year of college and beginning an internship in Dallas. I have been thinking about doing Whole30 since I saw it pop up on my Facebook a few years ago, but never as seriously as I am now. I have not been happy with my weight and have tried to do different things to fix that, not realizing that my diet is the one thing I need to change, not only for my weight, but for my general health. After reading The Whole30, I realized a slew of health problems I have accumulated from my horrible eating habits, even while living off campus in my apartment. I never even thought about my diet affecting this, but I fully believe that my allergies, irritability, severe anxiety, depression, and sleep deprivation have gotten much worse since I began college because of my diet of mostly pizza and wine. It's not even about the weight loss anymore. If I can feel happier and healthier with my current beer belly, why shouldn't I? I am fully committed to Whole30. I have thrown away everything off the list in my apartment, and my boyfriend is fully on board with my commitment to the plan but I feel like my friends and family are not as supportive. I really would appreciate this forum to sort of hover around me when I begin June 1st and help me through this journey because this is going to be hard, but not as hard as writing a 30 page term paper in 2 days. 

Archived