Happy Squeeze fruit and Veggie Twist

Kcorey

So I have these ready for on the go food packs that I love and get from Costco, the Happy Squeeze Apple Mango Pear and Kale, here is the list of ingredients

organic apple purée, organic mango purée, water, organic pear concentrate, organic kale purée, milled organic Salba Chia seed, vitamins and minerals (Choline Bitartrate, tricalcium phosphate, magnesium oxide), malic acid, pectin, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), organic natural flavor.

A few of the ingredients are not listed on the preservatives list hence my confusion.

None of those ingredients are non-compliant, but what are you planning to use these for? They're overwhelmingly fruit, so it's quite a sugar hit with no protein/fat to even it out. 

They're also bordering on a smoothie because there is nothing to chew. Personally, I think this is one of those "technically compliant but not necessarily a great idea" sort of things, but I'm not a mod and I'm sure one will be around before too long. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, laura_juggles said:

Personally, I think this is one of those "technically compliant but not necessarily a great idea" sort of things, but I'm not a mod and I'm sure one will be around before too long.

Agreed - this might be fine for a super emergency but if you can plan to bring this along expecting an emergency, then you can plan for better options.  We'd also really encourage people to eat meals that satiate for 4-5 hours so that you're good to go while you're 'on the go'.

Archived