Starting whole30 6/1/18

KCore1

Hey y'all!

I'm starting my very first whole30 challenge on the first of June.. I have told family and friends about it and I am quite nervous as I am a junk food fiend!! If anyone else here is starting the same day as me, feel free to reach out.

Kiley

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting my first Whole30 on June 1st as well. I've started some planning aspects and plan to do some serious prep over my 3-day weekend. I know I have a serious sugar addiction that needs to be dealt with and I'm a little nervous about maintaining professionalism at work while dealing with cravings.

I have decided to start the whole 30 as well on June 1st! My name is Kathy and I am 51, both my sister and her daughter have done it and I am in such bad shape I have decided to commit! It’s going to be tough but in 2015 my husband died and turned my world upside down.  I have 2 adult kids, I now live in my own and it’s time to work on myself! 

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to start my Whole30 on June 1 2018 as well! I want to kick-start a very healthy and active summer season, so what better way to do that than to eat nothing but healthy, nutritious, whole foods!? I've recently been following Tim Ferris' slow-carb diet, however found the limitations challenging for my lifestyle and the allowed "cheat days" creating an unhealthy get-out-of-control relationship with sugary/carb-y foods which I've never had before. Looking forward to resetting my body and my finding my balance! I'll be here for whoever needs support and looking for the same in return as I'm doing this totally alone! Let's do this!  

Hi all!  I'm Laurie.  I'm starting my first Whole30 on the 1st, too.  Pop and sugar will be the most difficult for me.  I'm hoping to find support and to be an encouragement to others as well.

two more days - I'm not ready!  I have to go grocery shopping and make a meal plan...I've been eating all the junk in the house 'to get rid of it', and I feel like crap.  oh well.  I made my bed, guess I'll have to lie in it, right?  ;)

Hi everyone! Also starting June 1. Recovering from having a thyroidectomy while going through menopause. Weight loss is definitely on my list, but just being healthy and feeling well and energetic is on the top of my list .  Looking forward to this journey!

i'm starting my second one.  I did one last Oct/Nov and felt great.  Unfortunately, I didn't do the reintroduction as outlined and fell back into my old habits.  I've been miserable.  I'm battle raging fatigue, apathy, arthritis, depression (on meds), and weight.  I really want to give it another shot and get on the right track.

Hi Everyone,

I will be starting my third W30 tomorrow, June 1, as well.  I started my first round in May of last year, but only made it about 17 days - I used non-compliant lime juice in a recipe and didn't have the heart to start over.  I completed my second round in January/February/March when I ended up extending it for about 75 days.  From there, I had been doing pretty good at eating healthy and enjoying my "food freedom" until my husband and I took a vacation at the beginning of May.  Since then I've felt a bit out of control and know that it's time to do another round to get me back on track.

Good luck everyone!

how's everyone doing?  feeling good?  feeling ready?  tomorrow's the day!!!  I went shopping yesterday, but my local store didn't carry all the things I needed/wanted, so I have to hit the 'health food' store today.  I planned to do some prep as well - make mayonnaise & coconut cream, clarify my butter, make tomato sauce - but I'm getting a late start (11:30?  already??).  I'm concerned that I won't be able to afford to stay on the program...I'm a single mom, and I don't have much money, so...it's a concern, that's all I'm saying.  I'm still highly committed to seeing it through!  also, I'm Jewish, and I don't eat pork or shellfish.  I wonder if that's been addressed anywhere [edit:  in another forum thread, the response to this was 'just eat a different protein', which is what I figured the answer to be anyway]?  sorry, I'm rambling, but I'm excited, and nervous, and I'm wishing everyone luck, and love!  :wub:

On 5/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, KCore1 said:

Hey y'all!

I'm starting my very first whole30 challenge on the first of June.. I have told family and friends about it and I am quite nervous as I am a junk food fiend!! If anyone else here is starting the same day as me, feel free to reach out.

Kiley

I'm starting tomorrow too - my boyfriend and I are in this together but I think I'll need some external support too!

On 5/24/2018 at 7:12 PM, KCore1 said:

Hey y'all!

Kiley

I started on May 29th, so I am close to your same start date. The best thing I can say is be prepared. If you have a plan as to what you can eat during the day, junk food is easier to resist! Good luck!

Hi all! I am Rosy and I am starting tomorrow as well! I have gone no sugar in the past, but I chose to do the Whole30 for the emotional eating aspect of it. I want food freedom. Everytime I am in  a stressful situation ice cream calls my name and its time to break up! I am really excited to tackle this aspect of my health.

I wish you all health and happiness and am excited to hear about your day 1!

21 hours ago, Mama Pajama said:

I'm concerned that I won't be able to afford to stay on the program...I'm a single mom, and I don't have much money, so...it's a concern, that's all I'm saying.  I'm still highly committed to seeing it through!  also, I'm Jewish, and I don't eat pork or shellfish.  I wonder if that's been addressed anywhere [edit:  in another forum thread, the response to this was 'just eat a different protein', which is what I figured the answer to be anyway]?  sorry, I'm rambling, but I'm excited, and nervous, and I'm wishing everyone luck, and love!  :wub:

My first round, I was a bit concerned with the cost too, but what I've found is that simple is best - buying whatever greens/veggies are in season, pairing with chicken or eggs is a quick and simple meal that can be affordable. Also, when I'm on W30, I eat out a lot less - not stopping for coffee each morning, not grabbing a cookie or snack at 3pm, and not ordering pizza or other foods on the weekend - this ends up being a bigger cost savings for us that outweighs any additional cost from the additional grocery bills.  Good luck!

Day 1!!!  For breakfast this morning I scrambled up three eggs and served alongside some mixed greens topped with a handful of blueberries, some coconut flakes and balsamic vinegar.  On the side, I had a coffee blended with coconut oil.  For lunch today, I will be having some W30 compliant chili topped with olives.  I didn't do as much prep work/planning as I would have liked, so I'm not 100% sure what we will be having for dinner, but will probably do some chicken with some veggie and served with avocado.  I will be using this weekend to really get set up for the rest of the W30 - normally I like to do more planning/prep work, but I knew if I put off starting this round any longer, I probably wouldn't get started.

I hope everyone has a great first day!

hey all!  I did some prep yesterday - made mayonnaise, coconut cream, ranch dressing, and tomato sauce - so I would have what I needed to succeed today.  I'm using the 7-day meal plan in the book as a guide, so for breakfast this morning I had a frittata with red onion, tomato, and spinach with a side of grapes and almonds.  it was DELICIOUS!  and I usually don't bother with breakfast, so I'm doing great so far, lol!  lunch will be a protein salad with a side of fruit, and dinner will have to be cooked early and brought along because my teen has a gig tonight, and there's always lots of junk there, which I Will Not Touch!  :)

Hi all! Go us for starting today! I attempted the whole 30 about five years ago and made it through 24 days... so my goal is to make it through all 30 this time. I also hope that the good habits stick this time as over time I slid back to my junk food loving ways. Good luck to you all and share good recipes!

Hey guys, June is my anniversary month of my first W30 (can't believe that was 3 years ago already) and it always makes me want to stop whatever I'm doing and spend the month doing a reset.  This will be the longest I've been off W30 at a time in between since my last was in January and I'm excited to be back on plan.  It's also been a while since I've joined a forum group but since I'm doing this one completely solo irl I thought I would hang out here for the month and help support some new people as well as make sure I'm up to date on any changes to the program.  I will be doing a W60ish this time because I intend to continue straight through July as well.  

My biggest struggle is getting up in time to make breakfast, it's a meal I did without for most of my adult life because I prefer sleep to food.  Not eating enough is my worst enemy, so the fact that I got in a real food hot breakfast this morning is my first mini-achievement and will be my focus for this reset.

I'm looking forward to following along with all your successes!  

29 minutes ago, AmandaRG said:

Hi all! Go us for starting today! I attempted the whole 30 about five years ago and made it through 24 days... so my goal is to make it through all 30 this time. I also hope that the good habits stick this time as over time I slid back to my junk food loving ways. Good luck to you all and share good recipes!

One quick one...this is my absolute favorite W30 recipe.

http://meljoulwan.com/2014/03/17/chicken-pesto-meatballs-marina/

I have always made these with turkey instead of chicken but Mel's magic meatball method (she should patent that) makes them incredibly moist so either chicken or turkey works without being dry.  As a short cut, I have sometimes used a bottled pasta sauce instead of making her sauce.  Her recipe is easy and tasty, but sometimes I need all the short cut's I can get.  My favorite is Paul Newman's For the Common Good which has been easy to find even in major grocery chains so it doesn't require a specialty health food stop.  Always double check because recipes change, but the last time I looked the Tomato Basil variety was compliant.  If you have never tried zoodles, this is an excellent way to try them the first time because they taste delicious with this recipe. On top of all that the leftover meatballs are killer cold so it's a total win.  

5 minutes ago, Crimsann said:

Hey guys, June is my anniversary month of my first W30 (can't believe that was 3 years ago already) and it always makes me want to stop whatever I'm doing and spend the month doing a reset.  This will be the longest I've been off W30 at a time in between since my last was in January and I'm excited to be back on plan.  It's also been a while since I've joined a forum group but since I'm doing this one completely solo irl I thought I would hang out here for the month and help support some new people as well as make sure I'm up to date on any changes to the program.  I will be doing a W60ish this time because I intend to continue straight through July as well.  

My biggest struggle is getting up in time to make breakfast, it's a meal I did without for most of my adult life because I prefer sleep to food.  Not eating enough is my worst enemy, so the fact that I got in a real food hot breakfast this morning is my first mini-achievement and will be my focus for this reset.

I'm looking forward to following along with all your successes!  

yes!  I generally skip breakfast, and sometimes go until 3pm before eating - but this morning I made that frittata, and it Totally feels like setting myself on the right path!

Archived