Lets Do This

Teri H

I completed the Whole 30 last September and felt amazing.  Yes, I lost some weight but I could not get over how clear my mind was, how great my skin looked and just overall felt wonderful.  I swore I would never let myself go back...well...I am refocused and ready to get this started again.  I wish I would have reached out to the forum the first time.

Teri

Start Date 5/26/18

Hi Teri,  Congratulations on getting refocused!!

I had the same experience and I will confess it took more than a year and half to come back.  I found restarting extremely difficulty and tried and failed several times, then just went to full-on junk food worse than I ever had before. Finally I got too miserable to not do something and now I'm almost 2 weeks in!  Melissa says in her new book Whole 30 Day by Day (I'd recommend it) that people doing their second or third time for some reason find it more difficult.  So be prepared for it to be different,  but you can do it, and NOT do what I did!!   Reaching out to the forum has indeed been helpful to me.  Welcome!

Hi Casey!

I ended up delaying my start date until Monday, May 28.  I am ready to head to bed - so day 5 is in the bag!  Yes, I did get Melissa's Whole 30 day by day.  It is great for me to check in every morning and night.  I am making it part of my routine.

Congrats on almost 2 weeks in!  

On 5/27/2018 at 10:01 AM, CaseyP said:

Hi Teri,  Congratulations on getting refocused!!

I had the same experience and I will confess it took more than a year and half to come back.  I found restarting extremely difficulty and tried and failed several times, then just went to full-on junk food worse than I ever had before. Finally I got too miserable to not do something and now I'm almost 2 weeks in!  Melissa says in her new book Whole 30 Day by Day (I'd recommend it) that people doing their second or third time for some reason find it more difficult.  So be prepared for it to be different,  but you can do it, and NOT do what I did!!   Reaching out to the forum has indeed been helpful to me.  Welcome!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I did my first W30 two years ago, then tried and quickly failed twice last year.  Since then, my diet has consisted of much more dairy, corn, and chocolate than it has of fresh produce and healthy fats.  I'm finishing Day 9 and it's been easier now than my failed attempts last year.  Maybe we need to get to that point of utter misery??  Thanks for speaking words of encouragement for others.  :)

Archived