I am on day 18 of my first whole30, and I have the overwhelming feeling that I am making no progress in terms of weightloss. Obviously I want to get the myriad of benefits from the program, but one of my biggest motivators and something I was looking forward to was the weight loss I assumed would happen. I have been eating a lot of fruit (at almost every meal and for snacks) and nuts throughout the day. I am scared that all of this fruit sugar is inhibiting my weight loss. Also for reference, before starting the program I consumed a fairly healthy diet with nutrient rich veggies and lean meats already, but with more treats, added sugar, and dairy.  I do feel that I have cut out a lot of the bad things from my diet, so it is frustrating that I am not seeing results. I also think it might just take longer for my body to adjust and the weight loss might be delayed and happen at the end... when does most of the weight loss happen for women?? 

• Administrators

Hi @sall - we don't really talk about specifics of when weight loss may occur or how much weight people can expect to lose. Mostly because this is not a weight loss plan, it's an elimination plan designed to determine how foods affect you as a unique individual.

That said, if you are eating a lot of fruit and nuts, that isn't necessarily abiding by our recommendations and the recommendations are where the increased energy and hormonal balance come from. Eventually, following hormonal balance and energy regulation, weight loss may come. 

Take a look at the meal template linked in my signature below (or google it) and try and make your meals match. You can list your meals out here if you like and we can review. Fruit though, is recommended to be eaten with meals, not on its own as a snack, nuts are recommended to be limited (think: closed handful every other day at most) and if you are snacking between meals because you're hungry, you're likely not eating enough at those meals.

Archived