Day 27 - Hungry All The Time

I am almost done with my Whole30 and plan to continue due to continued bread and sugar cravings (though they are considerably less than when I started), and I am hungry all the time!  For breakfast today I had three eggs scrambled with peppers and onions accompanied by two Whole30 homemade sausages.  And coffee with coconut cream.  I was full.  Two hours later, I am STARVING and feel like I am crashing.  This is par for the course for me.  I eat constantly, loads of veggies and animal proteins, and I have been incorporating more fruit (apples, pears, and berries) just because they increase satiety for me.  I had no fruit this morning, and I am so hungry.  I also feel lethargic so much of the time, and I am not exercising that much.  I practice yoga a few times per week at home (I am in yoga teacher training), but that's it.  I have definitely lost weight (though I haven't weighed myself), but with my constant hunger, this doesn't feel sustainable.  Please help!  I know this way of eating is best for me, but I feel like I am missing something to feel balanced.

• Moderators

What about olives, pesto, mayo, mayo based sauces, tapenade etc.... There are a lot of fat options out there... Experiment and see what you can find that will work for you because your body needs fat to synthesize fat soluble vitamins and minerals as well as fat keeps protein from digesting too fast - that's why fat contributes to feelings of satiety. 

Are you eating any starchy veggies? Your bread cravings make me wonder if your body needs some more carbs. Or maybe I'm projecting based on my own experience--I was hungry a lot at the beginning of my Whole30 and realized I do well if i"m eating sweet potato or beet or carrot each day, preferably at breakfast.

I eat sweet potatoes and am almost addicted to them, they are so delicious!  Before starting the Whole30, I was a huge bread and sugar person.  It's possible I am still detoxing from those foods.  Today I tested for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), which can cause an inability to properly break down fats as well as nutrient malabsorption.  I'm pretty sure I have SIBO, which could be the reason I am not feeling nourished and energized despite my clean eating.  I plan to stay pretty faithful to the Whole30, as today is DAY 30 and I am down 9 pounds (actually BELOW my goal weight) and, in general, I'm feeling pretty good.

Archived