Coconut Wraps etc..??

Brocha

Hi all

I'm day 2 so all is great.  I feel great (minus the headache) and don't feel I am missing anything.  So, I read once upon a time coconut wraps were ok but then it was removed from the Compliant list. 

SO, I'm trying to get the concept?  Theoretically, there is nothing wrong with many food items but once you create a type of food product (ie wrap, pancake, date balls) its no longer compliant.  I still don't get it?  Is it because we are trying to reset the mind on how we feel about foods?  

Thanks for the help

• Moderators

Sorry, baked goods created with compliant ingredients are never compliant.  Those date ball things are not recommended but if you ate nothing but date balls and bacon, technically you'd have done a Whole30 - altho you wouldn't feel that great... 

This article might help: 

https://whole30.com/2011/10/sex-with-your-pants-on/

• Moderators
On 6/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, Brocha said:

Hi all

I'm day 2 so all is great.  I feel great (minus the headache) and don't feel I am missing anything.  So, I read once upon a time coconut wraps were ok but then it was removed from the Compliant list. 

SO, I'm trying to get the concept?  Theoretically, there is nothing wrong with many food items but once you create a type of food product (ie wrap, pancake, date balls) its no longer compliant.  I still don't get it?  Is it because we are trying to reset the mind on how we feel about foods?  

Thanks for the help

That's exactly right. We want you to get used to eating your food in a different way. A lettuce wrap would be fine, because it's food in its natural state, while a coconut wrap is processed to mimic a tortilla. 

Keep on keepin' on!

Archived