Fat and fiber intake? A little freak out- help!!

jtota

So I plugged my food into Spark people to just satisfy my curiosity and to my shock and awe I consumed 75 grams of fat yesterday and only 7 grams of fiber!!!! Can that be smart? I am so used to the low fat, whole grain diet stuff that this is going to be way difficult to wrap my head around. Is 75 grams of fat in one day really ok? That's like three times my norm :huh:. I know I did not get enough greens in yesterday cause I wasn't home and did not have them available. Greens will help. But I forsee some tummy issues in the near future . . .

• Moderators

Low fat diets are unhealthy. This is a healthy diet where you may get 50 percent or more of your calories from fat. It really is okay and is part of the secret to this approach working so well. The anti-fat messages you grew up on were completely wrong. Forget them.

You need your greens and plates full of veggies, but one day won't kill you.

Now stop counting calories and look forward to a better future.

Thank you both for such a quick reply. I have to admit "food tracking" is one of my dietary addictions. I learned to do it way back in high school. And it's one I absolutely want to break, but the curiosity was just too much this morning. I will do my best to shut it down and enjoy eating for once :)

By the way fat is much better than fibre at keeping things moving! And grains seem to work for many people because the inflammation causes diarhea rather than because they contain fibre.

There have been numerous studies proving that people can survive without fibre in their diet (Inuit eskimos...) but not without fat ...

Archived