Things to add to coffee??

I'm on Day 2 of my first Whole30 challenge and I am a coffee ADDICT (no shame here). I've never been one to add sugar to my coffee (thank goodness), but I've ALWAYS added milk. Drinking my coffee black is ok, but I don't drink very much. As mentioned, I am an addict and I go back to school tomorrow (as a teacher), so I need to not get caffeine headaches my first couple days back. What can I add to coffee that's compliant? I tried coconut milk today, but it was chunky and weird.

PS. Can we drink sparkling water with lime or lemon??

Yes to the sparkling water.

My favorite, and I mean never want to go back to half n half in my coffee favorite, way to drink coffee is with whipped coconut milk.

You can search here for a recipe, just skip the extracts unless they are alcohol and sugar free:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/

I actually put the whipped coconut cream in the cup, sprinkle with cinnamon, then pour the coffee over the whole lot. So good and creamy!

My how I love whipped coconut cream. I never have made my coffee with it for some reason. I will be getting more at the store today!

I make coconut creamer. I blend a can of coconut milk, 1 egg, and a tsp of virgin coconut oil. I may start adding more oil as I love it in my coffee.

But the whipped cream now sounds so amazing that I may just switch to that :)

If you add a little vanilla or cinnamon to your whipped coconut milk, it's even better :)

Hi Lisa! Just wanted to say thanks for a link to your blog! I love to cook and bake and you have a lot of great looking recipes there!

Hi Lisa! Just wanted to say thanks for a link to your blog! I love to cook and bake and you have a lot of great looking recipes there!

Thanks so much! I haven't been blogging for very long but it's a really fun hobby. My biggest problem is that I'm usually too impatient to eat my food and I don't want to be bothered with taking pictures of everything and writing about it :D

I just want to echo KB...If you want to add vanilla to stuff, make sure you aren't using vanilla extract because it has alcohol in it.

It is possible to find it without, you just need to make the effort. My local health food store carries an alcohol-free variety by Singing Dog.

I will have to try whipped coconut milk. I really dislike whipped cream, so I'm hoping it's better? Thank you for all the suggestions! I might have to try some later today. I cannot deal with my kiddos at school without a couple cups. So glad it's allowed! I'll be checking out Lisa's blog, too!

I am on day 4 of my Whole30 and put organic heavy cream in my coffee today. Double checked in ISWF and says it ok...unless I misunderstood. Could someone please post the whipped coconut milk recipe in a reply? I can't seem to find any specific recipe that I search on theclothesmakethegirl.com. Thanks! :)

I am on day 4 of my Whole30 and put organic heavy cream in my coffee today. Double checked in ISWF and says it ok...unless I misunderstood. Could someone please post the whipped coconut milk recipe in a reply? I can't seem to find any specific recipe that I search on theclothesmakethegirl.com. Thanks! :)

Hi,

I have a whole30 pinterst board (the link is here). I've got a recipe for one pinned there. It's very good and originally comes from one of the original whole30ers from years ago.

This did confuse quite a few people at first: cream is a no for your Whole30, but post W30 it's not a bad option if you tolerate it well.

I like coconut milk or coconut cream in coffee. You can also flavour water (sparkling or still) with tea. I like the Twinings Infusions (not black tea) ones. I use hot water to get the flavour going and either wait for it to cool, or mix with a lot of cold water.

I posted this in another thread. Try cashew milk in your coffee. It's really easy to make your own. Soak 1 cup of raw cashews overnight. Strain out the old water in the morning and add the soaked cashews to a high speed blender with 3 cups of water. Blend at high speed until there are no more chunks of cashews. There is no need to strain it as with almond milk but if you don't have a high speed blender (Blendtec, Vitamix) you may have to strain out the few chunks that may be left over.

Sometimes as a treat I'll combine coffee, cashew milk and 1 or 2 dates in the blender and it's really good.

Cashew milk can be used for a lot of other stuff as a dairy sub. You can add less water and it will be "cream"

Archived