Weaning hormones or whole30 struggles?

So, I posted in the troubleshooting forum a couple days and was told to go to the Dr. Went to the Dr yesterday and all my labs came back normal. It wa suggested to me that I post in this group! 

I want to prefice my post by saying we ate mostly paleo before starting whole30, so this hasn’t been a huge adjustment for us. 

I’m on day 18 and I feel like crap. Extreme muscle fatigue, winded after walking up stairs, exhausted, dizzy and lightheaded. I feel like I’m buzzed all the time. This started on day 7. I can’t even complete my normal workouts because I feel like I’m going to pass out. They weighed me at the dr yesterday and I’ve gained 7 lbs...I have over 100lbs to lose....I can’t be gaining! My blood pressure was also really high (for me) 131/80. I’m usually right around 110/60. 

My 22 month old daughter weaned on the 29th of May (which also happened to be the day I started my whole30) could this be my hormones trying to regulate or is it something whole30 related? I’ll list my typical meals below

breakfast - eggs, spinach, bacon or sausage, a potato and a banana, pear or peach. 

Lunch- dinner left overs, and a cup of berries 

Dinner- egg roll in a bowl, grilled meat with broccoli and Brussels sprouts, taco in a bowl (caulirice, meat, avocado, salsa, lettuce etc) 

I drink about 100 Oz of water a day and I’m never hungry. And I salt ALL THE THINGS. 

Please help! I miss the gym and I can’t keep feeling like crap. 

• Moderators

It honestly doesn't look like you're eating enough.  What did your doctor say about weaning hormones (I've never heard this term)?  Have you been making your meals match the template? 1-2 palms of protein (or as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand without dropping), a plate of veggies (2-3 cups, more if it's leafy greens) and plated fat such as avocado, olives, guacamole, pesto etc... 

He didn’t say anything. I honestly felt like he just looked at me and saw a fat girl and dismissed everything (although he did run labs) he never asked how much of a diet adjustment doing the whole 30 actually was and chalked everything up to “symptoms from extreme diet change” 

I didn’t know there was an actual template, but yes I feel like I’m following it pretty thoroughly. I’m not hungry and I feel very full and satiated after every meal. 

Also, I don’t know that weaning hormones is an actual term. I just made it up lol. When I say that I just mean my hormones trying to regulate since I’m not longer nursing (I don’t even know if that’s a thing? I would just assume that it is)

Also, thanks for your response :) 

Archived