Day 2!

Whole30Life23

Hey everyone! I’m on day 2 of the Whole30 program. I’m not gonna lie, it’s not as easy as I thought it would be. I tend to eat healthy, but I’m used to snacking. The 5 small meals a day. Switching to 3 meals hasn’g Been easy the past two days. I do feel hungry. But I will say, I’m not giving up. Just wanted to say hi!

• Moderators

You don't need to be hungry. If you're definitely hungry between meals -- as in you'd eat something boring like plain steamed fish and broccoli -- go ahead and eat something, just make it a mini-meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Then look at your meals and be sure you're following the meal template (you can download it here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/). Since you're used to eating smaller meals, it may take you a little while to be comfortable eating enough to keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours at a time, but it will happen. 

I’m on Day 2 as well and just wanted to say hi! I haven’t attempted a massive eating overhaul like Whole30 in about 10 years, and I’m both incredibly excited and scared about the next 28 (and beyond) days.

Yesterday (Day 1) I was quite hungry for the entire day. I did have a handful of pistachios pre-workout between lunch and dinner. Today I increased portion sizes of both protein and veggies, and I felt full all day. No snacking needed! I recommend increasing 2 eggs to 3, add another 1/2 cup of veggies, etc. 

Good luck and glad to know someone else started 6/13! 

Archived