Accidentally ate whole wheat flour - Do I need to re-start?

Hello - I'm on Day 11 of the Whole30 and have been very optimistic and dedicated to the program, following it religiously. I dined out with a friend tonight whom I hadn't seen in quite some time. I ordered the fried calamari, asking the waiter what kind of oil they were fried in and what went into cooking them. My first mistake is when he told me they were fried in vegetable oil I didn't realize it wasn't allowed :(. And so I ordered the calamari. The second mistake was after I ate the first one, I realized they were probably fried in batter!!! I asked the waiter and he told me they were fried in whole wheat flour. I ordered a salad after that. I only had one! I'm so devastated! And so discouraged!!!

Does this mean I need to start all over again? Can I hold off the flour until the end of the reintroduction period? The vegetable oil as well? Or must I completely start the 40 day process again? I'm afraid this slip-up will alter my results and how I will feel for the next 30 days. Will I feel the same exhaustion/fogginess of the first week all over again?? I think Day 12 is when you're supposed to start feeling the benefits. Will my body be completely pushed back to Day 1 because of this?? Please HELP!! :(  :( :( 

Thank you!

• Moderators

It's hard to know exactly what impact that would have -- it's going to be different for every person depending on how sensitive they happen to be. The recommendation is to do 30 straight days of Whole30 compliant eating before reintroducing anything. You can choose not to do that, but that's the recommendation to get the best results, and we can't say what results you'll get if you do it differently.

Archived