Grains WITH Gluten re-intro question

Laurenacc

I've been avoiding any items with added sugar during my reintros but this last one is tough...pretty much EVERYTHING seems to have sugar or soy lecithin added to whole wheat anything! But I think I've successfully found 3 items but want to cross check them. I think I'm going to do the following:

Meal 1: Quaker Oats- 100% Natural Whole Grain Old Fashioned (ing: Whole Grain Rolled Oats) I assume this is ok...doesn't mention it's gluten-free so I assume that means it isn't?

Meal 2: Red Oval Farms Stoned Wheat Thins- ing: unbleached enriched flour (wheat Flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate {vitamin B1}, riboflavin {vitamin B2}, folic acid), cracked wheat, canola oil, salt, yeast, malted barley flour, baking soda, sodium metabisulfite. Are all of these ingredients ok? I tried looking up everything and it seemed like all these items would fit under grains with gluten - just want to make sure I'm not "cross contaminating" and including something that wouldn't properly be in the grains with gluten category. Help? :)

Meal 3: Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Spaghetti- ing: Durum Whole Wheat Flour

Would these all fit under my last re-intro category? Thanks for the help!

• Moderators

Oats are gluten free, but the ones that don't specifically say gluten free may be produced in a place that also produces products that contain gluten, so people who are sensitive to gluten have to get the certified gluten free ones.

For lunch, the sodium metabisulfite would be out during a whole30. It's up to you if you want to use them or not, but if you seem to have a reaction to them, that might cause the reaction or add to it.

It's okay to have some sugar in your reintro if you can't find anything else. 

Thanks Shannon- I ended up going to the grocery earlier and getting a whole wheat cereal when I realized that the oats wouldn’t be a good test. I think this cereal is ok...minus the added sugar. Should I be concerned about the vitamins and minerals listed after the ingredients? 

And I’ll probably just have this cereal (or the pasta) at lunch and then pasta for dinner. I couldn’t believe how hard it was to find grains with gluten reintro items without extra “no-no” junk added to it

32C83E1D-AF08-4285-8F62-D8B5FE0E34AC.jpeg

Archived