Starting my Whole30 on July 1.

Mahoganylit

I'm struggling a bit: I live in Kathmandu (Nepal) so it's a little bit tricky not being able to go to the store for compliant items, and you have to be really careful with produce.  I'm planning on mostly going for chicken and eggs, with fresh veggies and fruit when available. Unfortunately, lots of the recipes on the website aren't possible here, so I'm trying to create or recreate them with local ingredients.

So far so good! Coffee with nutpods, eggs, homemade sausage, zucchini and onions. Cooked everything in ghee, so didn't add any other fat, but I think i need more veg, so I'll probably have a salad with compliant ranch. Also just roasted some nuts for later!

Not too bad! A little foggy yesterday, and still getting used to the 3 meals/minimal snacking format- sometimes it means I'm eating when I'm not super hungry while I get used to the format again. It's a relief not to be logging meals/calorie counting and just listening to what my body needs. 

Hello All. Well, I am just starting the Whole30. I wasn’t prepared to start on July 1st, but I did ensure to watch what I ate. So now that life has calmed down, I have started planning meals and will shop today. I think I was suffering from mental block. I didn’t want to go grocery shopping because I was scared I would pick up things I just did not need or shouldn’t be eating. Plus I had to get my 17 year old son on board so I would not have to cook two meals. Also so he wouldn’t be in shock.  He needed to understand what our pantry would look like. LOL!!! So we've made a point to hold each other accountable. Let the Whole30 begin. Whew, this will be (hard) interesting but for the better of our health. 

Mahogany

On 7/2/2018 at 10:58 PM, evethegreat said:

How is everybody doing so far? I'm already having dreams about eating bbq, so that's....awesome.

Oh my goodness Me Too!! My dads hamburgers are calling me and his famous sauce, which I KNOW isn’t compliant. 

18 hours ago, Mahoganylit said:

Oh my goodness Me Too!! My dads hamburgers are calling me and his famous sauce, which I KNOW isn’t compliant. 

Last night I had a dream I had a gin and tonic while out with friends...it's like my subconscious is getting it in when it can. 

Also if anyone has any recipes to share that *don't* require any store bought, compliant versions of things, I would love them. I basically can't make the homemade mayo here (don't trust the raw eggs) and there's basically no sauces at the store that are Whole30 friendly. Right now I'm basically just at eggs + some vegetable for breakfast, fruit  and whatever is leftover from dinner the previous night, and then for dinner I kinda just throw together something. It's fine for now but I see food boredom in my near future. 

Feeling pretty strong at the end of day three. Hit a bit of a wall yesterday, but very much enjoying large breakfasts. July 4th party was a minor challenge, but only had the briefest urge to reach for a beer. Keep it up y'all.

Hanging on in there. I upped my sea salt intake a bit seems to help with all the adjusting symptoms, headaches etc. The only thing I eat out of packages/containers is some coconut flour/ dessicated/oil, sea salt and dried parsley. Rotate protein, veggies and fruit as best I can. Cant eat nightshades or nuts sadly - hashimotos and underactive thyroid

Archived