Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnnaMarieK

Day 18- Meat Reintroduction?

Hello everyone!

I've been doing my first whole30, the vegetarian version, on day 18!! I've been wanting to introduce meat back into my diet, but am unsure if I should finish out this whole30 by sticking vegetarian, or if I should start reintroducing meat now. I hoping to do another Whole 30 later this summer, so would it be better to wait until then? Any suggestions on how to start meat reintroduction? Any comments and advice appreciated!

Thank you!

Anna 

Hi, Anna. I don't know that it makes too much difference when you start trying to incorporate meat, but I would aim to do a full whole30 without any of the vegetarian exceptions to the rules that you might be using for protein, if you are using them (like beans or dairy). If you've opted to just use eggs and fish as you mentioned in your first post, you'll have already done this when you finish your whole30. This is recommended so that you can do reintroductions of those items to see how you react to them, so you can make better decisions about how to include them in your diet going forward.

You might find this article helpful, it's got tips for people trying to add meat back to their diet:  http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/