White film on stool (TMI warning)

Hello!

I am on day 23 of Whole30 and I have a quick question. I have never really gone to the bathroom very often and Whole30 actually hasn’t helped in that department. If I am nervous for some reason that will make me go to the bathroom but otherwise it’s not everyday. I’ve been taking a log and in the 23 days, I’ve gone 16 times. One or two days i went 2 or 3 times during the day but other times it will be 3 or 4 days before I go. 

Anways, today I really had to go so I went and the shape and color of the poop were good. It was really large.. but at the end it was covered in a white kind of film... maybe a mucus? It also was not clean (sorry tmi) but it wasn’t one of those bowel movements that is super clean after when wiping. I’ve seen this white stuff before, but I’m wondering if I should worry? I’m not having any pains or anything, but it kind of seemed like a lot. Like I’ve said, it’s happened but it’s not a regular occurrence. Please let me know if you have any thoughts please. Thank you!!! 

• Moderators

That's really outside the purview of the program and our ability as volunteers to help troubleshoot. We can also not offer medical advice outside of suggesting you see a doctor if you are concerned. Also, please don't post the same topic multiple times. I've removed your other posts. There isn't always someone online but we generally get to answer most posts within a few hours. 

Archived